Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, n00b here checking in. I just started riding in February using the bike for mainly commuting and road riding and I've been bitten by the bug since.

Finally, I kinda did my first trail on Monday in Pasadena, it was a fail but I got some experience from it! I basically left too late in the day and was unprepared (long story) so I was only able to get halfway through the trail to the point where I completed the climb up the mountain but didn't get to the single track downhill bits. On my way back down I ran over a snake accidentally (I think a diamond-back) and got dive bombed by some bees protecting a hive when I tried to get in position to shoot some of the guys coming down the trail. First time I've been stung in years.

Anyway, loved it, will try again this weekend. These forums are awesome and loaded with info for days, thank you guys! I look forward to reading more and hopefully meeting some of the Socal riders :)

Vinny

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey Vinny, I'm in the same boat. Got my ride in January and have been doing some beginner trails in Santa Monica mountains. Haven't made it up to the San Gabriel mountains yet. Haven't had any extreme animal encounters yet either, haha.

·
Bikesexual
7,568 Posts
Welcome guys! you can check out the trail section in MTBR to find all sorts of trails for all levels. Tons of places in SG also in Brea/Chino Hills are if you ever want to do the trek out east. Its great to live in SoCal plenty of mountaiins and sunshine!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Good to see other SoCal noobs. I just started riding a couple of months ago. Lots of flat trails with my whole family, but went to Sullivan Canyons with my older son and we had a blast. Big family event is three weeks away so I have to protect everyone's faces from injury, but soon after that party, we will be back out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I will offer to show you around Marshall Canyon, Bonelli Park, or even Chino Hills if interested. I am available for this on Wednesdays early. Hit me up if you would like to ride, and welcome!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Vinny, I'm in the same boat. Got my ride in January and have been doing some beginner trails in Santa Monica mountains. Haven't made it up to the San Gabriel mountains yet. Haven't had any extreme animal encounters yet either, haha.
Yea that was my lesson to turn off the music once I'm off the road and the trail starts.

Welcome guys! you can check out the trail section in MTBR to find all sorts of trails for all levels. Tons of places in SG also in Brea/Chino Hills are if you ever want to do the trek out east. Its great to live in SoCal plenty of mountaiins and sunshine!
Thank you :)

Good to see other SoCal noobs. I just started riding a couple of months ago. Lots of flat trails with my whole family, but went to Sullivan Canyons with my older son and we had a blast. Big family event is three weeks away so I have to protect everyone's faces from injury, but soon after that party, we will be back out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sounds very cool, I just googled Sullivan and see that it's closer than Topanga Canyon, let me know next time you suit up after your family gathering if you don't mind some company, I'm down.

I will offer to show you around Marshall Canyon, Bonelli Park, or even Chino Hills if interested. I am available for this on Wednesdays early. Hit me up if you would like to ride, and welcome!
Thanks man, sounds great. I work swing and have mornings off so this sounds pretty cool. I'm going to see if I can pull off the timing for a morning ride before work and if not I may take a personal day :D hehe Wil pm you soon I think.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts