Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DHGnaR said:
I've lived in SoCal for 24 years, and felt ONE earthquake, ONE!!!!!!!!!!! I think something's wrong with me.
I felt so many in my life living here.....seemed like every year for 5 years leading up to Northridge and then the aftershocks too

·
Slap happy crappiness
1,090 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
I felt so many in my life living here.....seemed like every year for 5 years leading up to Northridge and then the aftershocks too
That's the one I felt, I was in Canoga Park (LA) at the time. Cracked the walls of the apartment building. Scary.

·
Equal opportunity meanie
2,781 Posts
I thought someone was trying to break in my front door because it was creaking. Took a second to register it was an earthquake and by then it was over. All of about 5 seconds. Thought it would have felt more violent at 5.0?

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DHGnaR said:
That's the one I felt, I was in Canoga Park (LA) at the time. Cracked the walls of the apartment building. Scary.
I was going to the Giants/A's world series game....in the park it didn't feel as bad as Northridge quake........SF was 7.1 and Northridge 6.7 ...I think measuring it at 6.7 was a joke...should have been higher

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DHidiot said:
I thought someone was trying to break in my front door because it was creaking. Took a second to register it was an earthquake and by then it was over. All of about 5 seconds. Thought it would have felt more violent at 5.0?
I felt
it about 8 seconds....we are 100 miles away Gordon...always feels lighter...I originally thought 3.5

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Madman133 said:
I didnt feel anything....then again Im in Colorado...supposedly sometime last week the yellowstone area had over 200 in 2 days. None of them were big fromm what i hear but still thats alot.
if Yellowstone blows....many states will be gone

·
Registered
735 Posts
I'm just curious to you guys in socal. Have you ever been riding when one hit? What the hell was it like? I can only imagine it being like wedging your bike inbetween 4 washers on a really ****ing uneven rinse cycle while Michael J. Fox tried to adjust your front and rear shock at the same time.

Ya know...like this...................kinda...

·
Equal opportunity meanie
2,781 Posts
What??????????

I assumed it was smaller. The most recent one I felt this summer was mid-day on a workday and was something like 4.0 and felt WAY harsher and lasted longer than that one, and was pretty close to the same distance..

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
cyrix said:
I'm just curious to you guys in socal. Have you ever been riding when one hit? What the hell was it like? I can only imagine it being like wedging your bike inbetween 4 washers on a really ****ing uneven rinse \
g[/IMG]
bad joke

and really you wouldn't feel it unless you were stopped or it was over 5.8 or so

·
check your six
4,181 Posts
Crazy stuff. The most intense earthquake I experienced was while i was stationed in Guam. We had a 7.2 that hit around midnight, I was sitting in my lazy-boy playing some video games. That som-***** scared the hell out of me. It felt like I was on a boat in the rapids. Everything on my walls fell off, plates and glasses fell out of my cabinets, just plain nutts. I am a South Dakota native, so earthquakes are mondo-bizzaro to me! I will stick to my tornados and blizzards. Much respect to you Cali fellas who take these things in stride. A little too freaky in my book.
-Sodak

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.