Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be in Dana Point all this week, and while I won't be able to ride, I would like to go by several shops. What are THE bike shops I need to check out? I will be going to San Diego for a day....and L.A. for a couple of days. I'm really interested in shops that carry lots of parts in stock, as well as some DH/FR oriented shops.

Thanks...

·
Registered
248 Posts
Special hours today only

Hi,

Normally we would be closed on a Sunday, but we will be open from Noon to 7 today. Please come by The Path in Tustin if you get a chance. I race DH and we have lots of DH/FR stuff.

BTW we are working on a Sunday because we need to pay some bills, so it could be a good day to come in.

Sorry for the spammy flavor.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Cal Coast Bikes in San Diego are great folks, very helpful, knowledgeable, riders, straightscoop on parts application, nice bike selection, all done right!

Orange County -another vote for The Path.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Rock n' Road Cyclery has been good to me. They are open 7 days a week and have 4 locations, two particularly close to Dana Point being Mission Viejo and Laguna Hills. I frequent the MV shop. They are a Specialized Concept shop so mostly carry Spec stuff, but they carry lots of gear and aftermarket parts too.

·
Registered
122 Posts
For shear volume and eye candy, Bicycle Warehouse in Pacific Beach is usually a good bet. Cal Coast Cycles are a nice bunch of guys that carry Intense, Ibex, Ellsworth and Giant. Beyond Bikes usually has some great eye candy (mostly Ellsworth, possibly Intense and Turner (lots of frames). I go to the Trek Superstore a bunch but then again I am riding a Fuel Ex 8. Other than that, you can log into SDMBA.com.

If you get hard up for a ride and I am around, I have an XL Giant Yukon hardtail that I do not ride anymore.

Have a good trip
Dave P

·
Registered
93 Posts
the rock n road cyclery in laguna niguel is a good shop and very close to dana point. try them out

·
Registered
229 Posts
I think that if you went to all other shops before going to The Path, you would wonder why you bothered with all the other shops.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I second that. the path is the place to go. great selection,prices and people. they carry all the highend stuff.

·
UNDEAD
485 Posts
You could join the cult around here known as The Path....
Drink some of their cool-aid and you'll be roped in, for some reason

Try Rock and Road...any of their shops are good and have mechanics that know what they are doing.

·
Are you gonna eat that?
500 Posts
In LA swing by Bike Attack in Santa Monica, they carry a fair amount of DH/FR stuff because the owner and mechanics are all downhillers (as evidenced by the wall of M3s, Uzzis and Socoms in the back of the store).

On the racks you'll see $5,000 Intense rigs next to $120 beach cruisers (which they carry because of their location).

Talk to Ericson (hawaiian looking guy, be prepared for an onslaught of "bros" and "dudes" though :))

I think they're actually running a DH ride on July 4th.

I was also impressed by the service at Cynergy in Santa Monica as well, so they're worth checking out.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I highly recommend the Path. I was there today and the stuff they stock is completely pimpin. It's relatively cheap, and the people who work there are very knowledgeable and willing to help people like me that don't know a ton about what gear and parts are the best.

·
Mt Wilson Motoboy
410 Posts
Yep...

Cynergy in Santa Monica just gave me an incredible deal on some wheels!
They're a Specialized shop but they've got tons of the real deal. The place is bristling with trickness...

·
Registered
28 Posts
The Path is definitely worth checking out. Never been there when I lived in So Cal but always heard good things. Stopped by the shop when I was in town last month. Nice stock of DH/FR frames, forks and complete bikes. Knowledgeable and friendly staff. Ended up with a nice Demo 8 frame :thumbsup:

·
Registered
465 Posts
Rock N Road has 4 locations in O.C. and the Laguna Niguel shop is close to you. The Mission Viejo shop is not to far as well.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Beyond Bikes is a great store as well that is FR and DH oriented mostly. Although they still do lots of other types of riding as well. And then there is always Performance and Bicycle Warehouse.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts