Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Nope. I"m thinking it will be an XC/trail based fork as it looks to not have a huge amount of travel based on the amount of exposed stanchion. Also think it will be likely to be 27.5 or 29er only, given that most manufacturers are dropping the 26'er based bikes.
As for flex, it is possible that RS have gone with a keyed stanchion, similar to what X-Fusion did with the Revel fork.
One thing I would like to know, where are the adjustment dials? Doesn't look there are any on the crown itself?

·
www.Braggibikes.com
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
About the adjustments, they could be at the bottom, like some if the actual dh forks, and some of single crown, the idea of a electronic lock out could be possible too, remote activated, since electronics are taking over bike products a lot more.

·
Registered
334 Posts

·
> /dev/null 2&>1
3,824 Posts
That thing has flex written all over it. Besides the 20mm axle, nothing prevents the left stanction and the right stanction from moving independently.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
That thing has flex written all over it. Besides the 20mm axle, nothing prevents the left stanction and the right stanction from moving independently.
Assuming it doesn't have keyed stanchions like the Xfusion fork and most dropper posts do.

If they're aiming this at 29ers they will have come up with something address this, even SRAM wouldn't rely on the power of positive marketing that much.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
35,328 Posts
Im going to guess retail at $1500.

Despite my hatred of single-crown USD forks, this, being carbon, may actually work. Magnesium lowers are damn light, but the only thing that's lighter is carbon and it's probably not as easy to make a real carbon "normal" fork, as the brake arch doesn't lend itself easily for a hollow carbon structure. The weight savings may not be huge, but structurally it can probably do what needs to be done via the shape and curves to prevent independent leg movement, getting around the inherent problem of clamping a crown to a circular leg. I think the actual gains may be slight and the cost of engineering an adequately stiff single crown USD has got to be astronomical, but if you pour enough money into it, you can make anything fly (like the space shuttle).

I was wondering what RS was going to do with all the pike-sales money. The pike has got to be one of the biggest money makers for RS in the last 10 years, if not of all time.

·
www.Braggibikes.com
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Definitely does not look all mountain.

There are other pictures around the net that look to show a cable entering the top of the left left side of the crown. Also if you look close at the image above you can see the outline of what appears to be a removable cap. Perhaps this is the air chamber port?

try this link:

https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1.0-9/1947900_693635000672457_2116999781_n.jpg
you are right, seems like a cable line running into the top crown brake side.

as for the price, of course this plastic fork will be in the 1500-2k usd, is plastic and inverted, it have to be high dollar.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts