Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Bandolero
2,438 Posts
Land Ho

MTBNate said:
Lenz PBJ... 7" of 29r plushness..
I know who will be the last one. 5'4" and 29" wheels has my foot getting too close to the front wheel for my comfort zone.

Add the weight penalty for stouter rims in and I'll stick with my pint-sized ride.

·
Int'l Man of Leisure
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
notaknob said:
I know who will be the last one. 5'4" and 29" wheels has my foot getting too close to the front wheel for my comfort zone.

Add the weight penalty for stouter rims in and I'll stick with my pint-sized ride.

I'm sure Bryan (banned™ and rebanned™) will say, that you can carry more beer and Patron with your lighter rig then.

·
Int'l Man of Leisure
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yogiprophet said:
plus which, the Bandalerios need a small ring up front. Have you seen the steep stuff they ride up?
Yeah...

... they about killed me a couple years ago up in teh Jemez..

·
Bandolero
2,438 Posts
Disco Pusher

yogiprophet said:
plus which, the Bandalerios need a small ring up front. Have you seen the steep stuff notaknob pushes up?
FTFY

Maybe I need one of these... Locally made.

·
mnt bike laws of physics
2,749 Posts
notaknob said:
FTFY

Maybe I need one of these... Locally made.
Yea, locally made by a flatlander from Louisiana.
Your in luck MTBNate! they have a 16 tooth front ring for your next trip with the BannedOlerios....or maybe you were thinking ahead and already bought all they had seeing they're out of stock.
I can't imagine the teeth on a 16 tooth front ring lasting very long...but man you could climb trees with that thing :thumbsup:

·
Int'l Man of Leisure
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
notaknob said:
Ow, that's a low blow...

http://www.completesite.com/mbhof/page.cfm?pageid=6&memberid=51

FTFY. ooooh... that's still a smackdown.

no worries i deserve it for living in that Lousyana hell-hole for so long.

but i will never claim La as where i'm from (only as someplace i've been). Come on, it's the only state i know of that actually looks up to tejas. :p

I'm an native New Messican, as i was born in in St. Joseph's hospital in Abq over on what used to be Grand Ave.

·
mnt bike laws of physics
2,749 Posts
MTBNate said:
no worries i deserve it for living in that Lousyana hell-hole for so long....I'm an native New Messican, as i was born in in St. Joseph's hospital in Abq over on what used to be Grand Ave.
Well then there's hope for ya yet ;)

Actually Nate I was born and raised in New Orlins...until I was 13, I was drinking the dreggs from the Mississippi river and riding through the flat city streets and above-ground cemeteries on my "single speed". One thing about living there is it makes you a good sprinter IYKWIM. Even today though, after all this time, I am still challenged by the longer climbs we have here.

·
Int'l Man of Leisure
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yogiprophet said:
Well then there's hope for ya yet ;)

Actually Nate I was born and raised in New Orlins...until I was 13, I was drinking the dreggs from the Mississippi river and riding through the flat city streets and above-ground cemeteries on my "single speed". One thing about living there is it makes you a good sprinter IYKWIM. Even today though, after all this time, I am still challenged by the longer climbs we have here.

Ah, did you know there is a mtb club there now? They mostly ride the spill way.

NOMAMBO
http://www.nomambo.net/

I was up in Shreveport.. lot more trail riding opportunities up there. But I've ridden down in Baton Rouge a couple times.

·
mnt bike laws of physics
2,749 Posts
Smell the Saddle.....gotta love it....
I brought my mnt bike the last time I was there about 10 years ago. Not a lot of mnt bike action but I made the best of what was there.
Never been up north, but I can imagine there is much more in the way of riding.
Come to think of it, since the Bannedoleros put you through the flatlander hell ride, we should get them down in New Orleans and see if they can hang with the drinkin' scene. It may be the one place they meet their match :p Those guys are lightweights compared to N.O. drinkers.

·
Int'l Man of Leisure
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yogiprophet said:
Smell the Saddle.....gotta love it....
I brought my mnt bike the last time I was there about 10 years ago. Not a lot of mnt bike action but I made the best of what was there.
Never been up north, but I can imagine there is much more in the way of riding.
Come to think of it, since the Bannedoleros put you through the flatlander hell ride, we should get them down in New Orleans and see if they can hang with the drinkin' scene. It may be the one place they meet their match :p Those guys are lightweights compared to N.O. drinkers.
Tru dat..

cant bag on La riders too much since fellow Shreveporter, Matt Davis, came in 22nd at this year's Leadville 100. Not too shabby for living at 163' above sea level. This year he should be even faster on his new bling machine built especially for Leadville.

·
Bandolero
2,438 Posts
chesterfied

yogiprophet said:
Those guys are lightweights compared to N.O. drinkers.
Why do you hate NM?

We're always in training for that kind of ride.

·
saddlemeat
3,873 Posts
The tallest Bandy-oh! will be the first to convert to 29er. The rest will quickly convert in an effort to keep up.

My take. :thumbsup:

·
mnt bike laws of physics
2,749 Posts
notaknob said:
Why do you hate NM?

We're always in training for that kind of ride.

Well maybe I spoke too soon :eek:
Aren't you the guys who sat the liquor bottle on the top of that stump at the hill climb at Sandia? I ask you, who else would pull such a stunt?

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
There's already one Bando w/ a 29'er SS. They call him Crash. He's wised up and converted to a bike with a bit more gusto and smaller wheels.
His riding is much more interesting now... (see recent vids from SFH & Sedona)
Not to say he can't rip on the niner. He's always been a bada$$.

·
saddlemeat
3,873 Posts
Is crash the tallest B'do? (if so I'm half right)

(Guess I'll go ski the short loop again and tell myself how great xc skiing is for cross training. :skep: )

·
Bandolero
2,438 Posts
Judy and the Dream of Horses

bsieb said:
Is crash the tallest B'do? (if so I'm half right)

(Guess I'll go ski the short loop again and tell myself how great xc skiing is for cross training. :skep: )
I think pcupach (aka Sasquatch) is B'do. He's already a 29er and has a RIP 9.

XC skiing is great "because it's fun, it gives me energy and it's a great way to stay in shape"

1 - 20 of 26 Posts