Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup, Whistler opens this weekend with all trails below Olympic station being good to go (ie no Garbonzo yet). Will I see any of you rippers up there? How about the wacky DownhillZone guys - any takers (PS love that 150 hub btw)? We've had tonnes of sunshine this past week, so we're off to great start.

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
CraigH said:
No can do, heading to FFTF.

Have fun and let us know how it is.
Hey Craig H., don'yt mean to hi-jack this thread, sorry, I'm thinking very seriously about a brake therapy contraption fer my Bullit. Their site seems to be sorta hit & miss on info. know where a guy might lay their hands on one in th' US of A???

·
Registered
10,027 Posts
islander said:
Yup, Whistler opens this weekend with all trails below Olympic station being good to go (ie no Garbonzo yet). Will I see any of you rippers up there? How about the wacky DownhillZone guys - any takers (PS love that 150 hub btw)? We've had tonnes of sunshine this past week, so we're off to great start.
If I manage to get away from work I will be up there, but on a set of skis. Maybe see you at GLC later for a pint or three.

·
Can't get right...
556 Posts
I'll be there July 28-aug 12. i am dying a slow death watching the calander creep by... Thank god im spending the weekend at Plattekill for opening weekend. supposed to be rainy but damn i miss DHing.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
islander said:
Well, I can now report back that Whistler is in great shape for this time of year. There's no studder bumps and the lips on the tables felt good. Just a little water on dirtMerchant, but otherwise dry. Bikecross course continues to progress (it's going to be sick!), but I bet it's close to 2 weeks away. Picture a step-up, land, and then a stepdown right after.

They haven't put the bike racks on the Garbonzo lift yet but the new Kona Special Edition bikes for their park has been release....aptly named the "Freight Train". There's a Stinky Primo-type one with a floater, and regular Stinky type one (which is the rental bike for Intrawest). Both are super pimp'd out with E13, XO, etc.

Some early casulties included a snapped rear wheel off GLC and a shoulder and at least one pair of forks.

Going to be a great season.........

·
Registered
10,027 Posts
islander said:
Well, I can now report back that Whistler is in great shape for this time of year. There's no studder bumps and the lips on the tables felt good. Just a little water on dirtMerchant, but otherwise dry. Bikecross course continues to progress (it's going to be sick!), but I bet it's close to 2 weeks away. Picture a step-up, land, and then a stepdown right after.

They haven't put the bike racks on the Garbonzo lift yet but the new Kona Special Edition bikes for their park has been release....aptly named the "Freight Train". There's a Stinky Primo-type one with a floater, and regular Stinky type one (which is the rental bike for Intrawest). Both are super pimp'd out with E13, XO, etc.

Some early casulties included a snapped rear wheel off GLC and a shoulder and at least one pair of forks.

Going to be a great season.........
Mike,

none of the casualties were your stuff right?

I heard Dirt Merchant was closed still. I am not sure I wanna hit that again after last year.

Evidently JimC was up there on Sat, and had a great time as well.

·
Registered
176 Posts
The Dirt Merchant to A-Line combo was the bomb lsat year. Some of the Drop to step ups on Dirt Merchant were just awesome. Is the Freight Train trail open yet or soes that start up top at Garbonzo? Road trip in an RV later this year up there. Can't wait.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
006_007 said:
Mike,

none of the casualties were your stuff right?

I heard Dirt Merchant was closed still. I am not sure I wanna hit that again after last year.

Evidently JimC was up there on Sat, and had a great time as well.
I biked sunday, and I think he was there saturday (I saw a red knolly zoom by whilst slaying [email protected]). Sunday, the Merchant was open for business, but maybe it was closed saturday. No busted bits on my bike so far....knock on wood..

·
Registered
10,027 Posts
islander said:
I biked sunday, and I think he was there saturday (I saw a red knolly zoom by whilst slaying [email protected]). Sunday, the Merchant was open for business, but maybe it was closed saturday. No busted bits on my bike so far....knock on wood..
cant wait till work slows down a bit so I can join the pitcher slayin. Not sure about riding. Have been having many no confidence $h!tty rides lately. Starting to p!ss me off. The bike is awesome though. Lemme know if you want to play with it for a run or three. (unless you need a large frame)

TJ

·
Registered
429 Posts
It's crazy that there is less snow in Canada than there is at the Southern California resorts. I would like to get up to Mammoth when the snow melts...at the rate we're going it should be some time in August!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.