Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
KgB said:
It's about a month a way and not much Buzz going on.
I hope to be there how bout you?
I'll be there, finally kick some German asses again, missed that :)

For us it's only a 600km ride, hope to see some mtbr regulars at the Worlds, although I understand it's a little harder for you guys to get there :)

·
Needed Less ~ Did More
1,012 Posts
Not much of a buzz here.....

....because some guys were really rude when me and Phaty tried to organise things! ;)

There are a fair few americans signed up, have a look at HERE and click on "Who" There might be a few names missing as the German web-guy has been away sorting out the course.

Here are a few pictures of the course:

"Well the Motocross part you only have to survive once in the whole race - to seperate the crybabies from the men!" - Phaty

The race will be for 1.5hrs + 1 lap for the men, and 1hr + 1 lap for the ladies, each will race separatly rather than all one massive bunch.Then back to the hostel for a big party, tattoos and prizes!

The course is a former Soviet Tank Base, just think only a few years ago you would have been shot for setting foot there......now we are racing on it! Isn't political change great?

We are so organised that we have coaches / lorrys laid on to take you and your bike to the race and back again, and there should be a food and beer van at the race so you can relax and watch the others race and cheer them on!

The course is @ 5km (3miles long) so the racing will be fast and furious, there is one long, wide strait where passing is easy but pretty much all the rest is singletrack. I ask all of you to be cool to other racers.....slow people (like me) if you can let a race-head fit-f**ker pass, please do. Race-head fit-f**kers please be nice to the slow riders, they are there to race too and will probably get better prizes :D

and for those who don't care about the race.....

There are walking and cycling tours of the city arranged on the Friday (and possibly Sunday too) so you can see a bit of the great city and learn about its history.

So to re-cap, 4-day party in a major european capital, 2hrs top riding on sweet singletrack, then back for another party and prizes, sight-seeing and drinking. What more could you ask for? ;)

See you in Berlin

SSP

·
Registered
650 Posts
And if anyone is in need of a bed I have loads in the hostel spare!

email: me @ philiptonkin.com (remove spaces) and I will sort you out with a cheap bed (11 euros a night) in a 8 bed dorm. For those who can't find 7 people to share with but are to cheap to get a smaller room.

P::..

·
Registered
478 Posts
mtbkendall said:
Does anyone know how long it takes to get a passport?? I am in USA The pic of the chic has me sold!!! Later BK
I heard the INS is getting better about processing and issuing passports. It took me a month and a half way back when. I have heard it can be as quick as two weeks nowadays. Also look into expedite possibilities. Regardless, I would get on it, you know how GOV is. ;)

Plus, Germany is a kick-arse place to visit (and live). :) Beer, brauts, and bikes!

Dam* I wish I could go. :(

dd..''

PS. No one mentioned Kenda tires, I guess his name sets that off. But maybe you can find a 'mtbkendall' in your size if you follow the magic URL provided below. ;)

·
Registered
515 Posts
Damn Keith! You going international with your travels, or is this a one-off?

Not going to Berlin, but really looking forward to the SS Euros in the Scottish Highlands. It is a few weeks after the Worlds, but if you're still in the neighborhood I'm sure you'd love the trails and scenery.

·
Registered
515 Posts
KgB said:
scorcher seb said:
Damn Keith! You going international with your travels, or is this a one-off?

Berlin seems like a good place to unveil my new Purple,Edge Cycles Twenty-Niner.
Oooh. Now that I'd like to see. I'm increasingly drawn to the idea of big wheels, especially after seeing how well my Il Pompino coped against mountain bikes earlier this year.

·
Keep Singlespeeding Evil
241 Posts
This forum pisses me off major big time - my posting above says to buy [email protected] tyres but I didn't even mention them ...
So I tell you something folks [email protected] tyres are Scheisse - major big time rubbish!
Not that I know any [email protected] but I will trash them now as good as I can.
Somebody might own this forum but I own my postings so I decide who I endorse.

Spot Brand
Fox
Schwalbe

phaty

·
Dain Bramaged
300 Posts
phatlizard said:
Somebody might own this forum but I own my postings so I decide who I endorse.
I agree fully on your feelings and logic, but the reality is you DON'T own your own postings.

Directly scabbed from the MTBR "Terms of Use" page.
License Grant
By contributing or submitting product reviews, message board postings, product photographs, or any other Content, you automatically grant (or warrant that the owner of such rights has expressly granted) us an irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable and worldwide right and license to use, copy, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and sell and distribute such materials or incorporate such materials into any form, medium or technology without compensation to you. In addition, you warrant that all so-called moral rights in those materials have been waived. None of the materials shall be subject to any obligation of confidence on the part of ConsumerREVIEW.com.

For what it's worth - I think this stupid advertising link stuff is for the birds as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.