Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
destructionismyobjective
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious for thoes of you who lives where is snows, do you also snowboard?? Ive been snowboarding for about 10 years now. Im usually really excited to go out, but scince I got back into biking Im finding myself just wishing for some warm weather. Someone get me inspired to go out and tear it up. I went out last saturday and ripped some 3s off some smallish drops, none of the big jumps were built yet so I had to make due. Maybe Im sick of riding in michigan on the crappy wanna be hills. I just go ride the park every time. Is the thrill gone?? Well sorry for the blab its late, Im bored and need some inspiration.

·
Renegade of Krunk
604 Posts
I do. I got into it two years ago, it's sick! My dad and his friends are going on a ski/boarding trip up to Salt Lake City in a few weeks, definitely looking forward to that. We went to Tahoe last year, that was the most powder I've ever been in. Such a stellar trip.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I've been boarding since '98. Used to practically move to Tahoe every winter. Since having a kid, I don't get more than a couple trips to the snow each winter now, but as soon as she's old enough to teach, we're going back at it in a major way!
Mountain biking has thankfully picked up the slack for me, and now I'm getting into the dj's to satisfy the jumping addiction.

·
destructionismyobjective
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Heres a small pic of my boards. The white one is out of service due to stress cracks in the paint on the tail. I dont want to come down after a 30ft gap and have it snap. But as for a board for friends to learn on its perfect. Im an unintentional burton rider. I dont mean to keep getting burton but I always get good deals on the stuff.

Attachments

·
Registered
493 Posts
ohh man. snow boarding aight, but the new school of skiing is sooo much better. I've been skiing since i was 2 years old and I will never get sick of it. Today i did the wall, kinked rail, double kinked rail, 360's off the 2nd biggest jump in the park and a bunch of other sh!t ... I still have some respect for boarders, unless thaere posers that cant do jack sh!t and there like, im sooo good, i go SOO fast. ill race u!

my skis: 2005 rossignol scratch fs
wanted(for bday): 2007 scratch BC, 4frnt, or the dumont

anyone watch the mens superpipe final? or shaun whit elose in slopestyle? great times

·
Banned
4,137 Posts
ontario_bike said:
anyone watch the mens superpipe final? or shaun whit elose in slopestyle? great times
:lol:

I ride my Specialized BigHit in that pipe all winter long... except for right now. You don't know what you are missing.

Superpipe elim tonight, and finals tomorrow.

·
mtbr remember
4,356 Posts
ontario_bike said:
ohh man. snow boarding aight, but the new school of skiing is sooo much better.
funny you would say that. I'm pretty unbiased as I have just as many friends who ski as board... and I honestly don't care. but this "new school of skiing" you refer to is nothing more than skiers riding the same terrain and copying the styles of snowboarders, who basically copy skateboarding, who.... you see what I'm saying. How does one say that the skiing is better, other than basic opinion.
And, who would have ever thought skiers would eventually replicate those who they've hated upon since it's birth? snowboarders were the bane of existence on any resort not but 15 years ago. the lowest form of winter sport, spit upon by skiers. And today skiers who dress the same as snowboarders all think they are PUNK ROCK REBELS who are so original... yeah, c'mon... hell, plenty of fake boarders on the mt's as well. I'm glad biking hasn't seen quite the popularity explosion yet. It did at some point in the 90's, but the poser crowd was older, richer, still just as bad though... it will happen again.

·
40 oz to freedom
1,049 Posts
I'll snowboard occasionally, I don't have the time or money to get into it. Also being clipped in freaks me out so much, I hate it!

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.