Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Au'Right!
395 Posts
Intense and SC are in cahootz. They went into the VPP thing together and I think they intermarry thier sons and daughters.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
As Menso said, SC licensed the VPP pattern to Intense. Thats why their bikes are almost identical.

I like the color also, but SC frame looks cleaner with the tubing, especially awhere Intense uses an additional tube to hold the upper linkage.

·
Surly OG
977 Posts
Thats what I was saying, the Intense's are US made, while currently the SC BLT2 isn't, and probably the Nomad2 will be off shored as well.

The tubing form differences have mostly to do with our lack of intricate hydroforming tooling here in the US. And that's a whole other can of worms that I'm weary of.

The Offshoring has a lot to do with quality manufacturing capabilities and capacities. Sad but true, greed and cost being factors also. What can of worms that is.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Things are not as new as they seem unless you're the sort who buys somebody from the marketing department getting a hammer, painting it pink and purple and calling it the new El Slammo.

My 1930s Elgin bicycle had grease fittings at head tube and bottom bracket probably before the WTB founders got a trademark for GreaseGuard and American Bicycle Manufacturing had a bike called long top tube that had short chain stays long before somebody called it Genesis Geometry followed by the people who bought it as a revolution.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
what???

MtnBikerDan said:
zero stack, integrated, whatever it is I ain't diggin it. Look at the pictures.
What does a zero stack headset installed in a 1.5" headtube have to do with an integrated headtube style headset? One has the bearings inside the reducing headset, not touching the headtube, and the other had the bearings directly inside the headbute.

What you are "looking" at is a zero stack headset, that easily could be a regular 1.5" headset, and has nothing to do with Intense's frame, save choice of headset. I look at it as an additional option that you can have with a 1.5" headtube that you do not have with 1 1/8" bikes. A Nomad or Bullit could easily have the same headset installed, and it would not be an integrated headset frame.

·
Bomber
982 Posts
Take a time out

MtnBikerDan said:
whatever, bfd, pis all you want. semantics shemantics....

If it takes a CK 1.5 great... it's on my short list.
Someone needs a break from mtbr.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.