Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I, being the cheap man I am, want to extend my tire's life. So when commuting down a street with a choice of a gravel path, asphalt, short grass (slow as crap), dirt or the painted lines on the asphalt, which do I choose for an extended tire life? Does anyone else think of this while their tires sing to them on concrete? Or should I just catwalk and save the front tire?

·
College
1,198 Posts
dastinkta said:
I, being the cheap man I am, want to extend my tire's life. So when commuting down a street with a choice of a gravel path, asphalt, short grass (slow as crap), dirt or the painted lines on the asphalt, which do I choose for an extended tire life? Does anyone else think of this while their tires sing to them on concrete? Or should I just catwalk and save the front tire?
eh ??, you're tires must suck, I really don't care how much my tires get messed up, they still end up lasting long enough to get my moneys worth. Just buy tires online and you can get each for less than 20. If you really want to save them, don't brake hard, just do a coasting brake.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I find the best way to extend tyre life is to not ride at all!
And if you do feel the urge to ride it is best to simply carry the bike on your shoulder, that way you still get exercise and you say money at the same time!!
However you do have to worry about your wearing out too fast so it's best to not wear any shoes at all!!!

The best solution if you are truly desperate to ride is to borrow someone elses bike, then ride the crap out of it so you feel twice as good!!!!!

:rolleyes:

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
Pick up some urban tires online and they'll last you forever on either of those choices. Examples include.... Maxxis Hookworms, Maxxis HolyRollers, Maxxis SemiSlick High Rollers, and Kenda K-Rads

1 - 4 of 4 Posts