Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

So what's MTB and what's not?

785 views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  SHIVER ME TIMBERS 
#1 ·
Obviously this is the DH/FR forum so we all do that. But there is people like myself that have a DJ hardtail that like to hit the jumps and the pump track. If you only ride a hardtail in the skateparks and dj's are you a mountain biker? Who knows, but I would like to think someone that supports the industry does it all and is well rounded. I remember seeing an interview with Kurt Sorge where he dissed the hardtail skatepark riding, saying it wasn't what MTB was about. If you have thoughts then post them, and if you don't give a f@%k then say that too. I am not even sure if I give a f@%k but whateva.

#2 ·
IMO, riding on concrete or pavement is NOT mountain biking. Nothing wrong with it though; I do it all the time. I don't ride skate parks, but I would if I could. Old dudes like me hanging at skate parks might be a bit creepy. : )

#8 ·
You're not mountain biking unless you ride in the mountains, it's a fact.:D

I thought I was mountain biking when I lived in Wisco... but I found out I was wrong.

C'mon, think about it... it's not called a "little baby hill" bike, or a "go play on the concrete" bike...:nono:

#9 ·
I am lucky: in my native language "mountain biking" is not called "mountain biking". It translates to something like "off-road cycling". So I can go and ride a mountain bike in the woods even if the whole country doesn't have anything you could honestly call a mountain... A pump track is not on the road, is it ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.