Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
"Oldfart from Wayback"
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
F+%^ :madman: :madman: :madmax:

NOAA was saying last night that the atmosphere was too capped for big storms today.

·
ride
5,274 Posts
I'm guessing that tonight's showers ought to make everything about perfect for tomorrow. It's been pretty dry.

·
slow
7,479 Posts
onbelaydave said:
So what's going to be dry tomorrow ?
Go north. Soapstone / Red Mountain? Hewlett / Young's / Dadd Gulches in the Poudre Canyon?

According to the city rainfall gauges (http://www.fcgov.com/flood-warning/) there was little rain north of Fort Collins. Where I was all afternoon, you could see that the sky was mostly clear up that direction.

·
Registered
616 Posts
sgltrak said:
Go north. Soapstone / Red Mountain? Hewlett / Young's / Dadd Gulches in the Poudre Canyon?

According to the city rainfall gauges (http://www.fcgov.com/flood-warning/) there was little rain north of Fort Collins. Where I was all afternoon, you could see that the sky was mostly clear up that direction.
I think Soapstone and Red Mountain get muddy very easily, so they may be in bad shape today. Poudre Canyon trails might be dry as it looks like there was less rain up there.

Attachments

·
hehe ...you said "member"
1,121 Posts
my son was bummed when I told him it would be too wet to ride ... but golf is a good substitute apparently.

·
ride
5,274 Posts
Did it rain a ton elsewhere? We got enough in Lyons to barely make the dirt perfect. Went to Estes last night for the fireworks show and everything was bone dry up there. Just curious.

And golf is never a comparable substitute :)

·
Registered
309 Posts
Pretty good amount of rain in central Fort Collins last evening. I bet we got 1" of rain over an hour or so period. Looks to be drying out pretty well so far. Going out for a ride in the next hour or so, I'll post a ride report after that

·
"Oldfart from Wayback"
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'd planned on hitting up Soapstone with the wife, son and his fiance first thing this morning for a family ride, but decided to pass after looking at the storm totals last night..

Were going to head out later this afternoon somewhere.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Ned trails were good yesterday, sourdough was good today. I don't think Nederland got as much rain as Boulder, I was expecting at least some dampness but it was dry.

·
ride
5,274 Posts
Sourdough, Little Raven and SSV were all excellent today. I think it's been a while since that area got any real moisture.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
schnauzers said:
Well...

Pine Valley Ranch and Buffalo Creek (sans CT) should be fun.
I was down there this afternoon (Mon) and with the exception of a very few low spots, you couldn't tell that it had rained at all. The trails were great, the traffic getting home, not so much...

·
Registered
309 Posts
nautilus said:
Anyone get out around fort collins today?

I'm thinking about heading to bobcat ridge in a few.
Maxwell and Pineridge were a bit damp in spots, but nothing bad. Probably be completely dry by this afternoon

-E

1 - 20 of 20 Posts