Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hunting for a new bike right now, and was just curious as to what bikes everybody else rides and where most of your riding takes place.

I'm looking for a new bike right now, and have had my eye on the 06 Specialized Epic, but I'm super indecisive and just want to check out as many options as possible. :)

Wouldn't mind seeing a few pics as well. ;)

BTW... sorry if this has been done before. I went back a few months and didn't see anything, so I figured I'd post it.

·
Low speed, High Drag
946 Posts
I'm riding an '05 Cannondale Prophet 600. I'll ride anywhere, once I get back in shape, so I figured the Prophet would do me just fine around here.

·
I need to ride more.
150 Posts
tried2live said:
I'm hunting for a new bike right now, and was just curious as to what bikes everybody else rides and where most of your riding takes place.

I'm looking for a new bike right now, and have had my eye on the 06 Specialized Epic, but I'm super indecisive and just want to check out as many options as possible. :)

Wouldn't mind seeing a few pics as well. ;)

BTW... sorry if this has been done before. I went back a few months and didn't see anything, so I figured I'd post it.
Titus Motolite, ridden mostly on South Mountain, pretty much everywhere except the Downhill trails like Holbert and Geronimo. Mostly because I suck.

Richard

·
AKA shitbird
2,342 Posts
Ellsworth Moment. I ride pretty much everywhere in the valley with the occassional trips up north to Sedona/Flag. Lately though been sticking to South Mountain most of the time because IMO nothng around here beats National Trail and its gotten sooo much funner since I made the swith to Full suspension. Fun stuff in dem hills!

I'll post a pic later

·
Pivoteer
3,445 Posts
Yeti 575.

Best ride I have ever had. Only ride SoMo, with this bike I can now ride trails I never would have normally done. Holbert comes to mind :D

Also have a KHS Solo-One SS

Oh yeah, this was my other ride until i wrecked it at the track. Now I have to finish fixing it and make it a track-only bike, then I can start racing. :D :D :D

·
Elitest thrill junkie
38,762 Posts
Pack.

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
'04 specialized stumpjumper fsr with fox f100x. the thinig i like most about the bike is that it can manage just about anything pretty well. light enough for entry level racing, sturdy and comfy enough for all day rides, enough travel for somewhat techy stuff. of course this is also what i like least about it, as it isn't absolutely great at anything in particular. but since i can only afford a single mountain bike it suits me pretty well. overall though its served me very well

·
PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
4,339 Posts
Do it! That Enduro is sickness.

My quiver consist of 05 big hit w jr T. and a 03 GT I-Drive pretty much stock. Pictures to follow.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I just picked up a bike today actually... an XL 05 Jamis Dakar xlt. I stopped by Cactus Bike yesterday and rode it around the area for a bit, and for the price, I just didn't think I could find anything much better. Went back over today, they swiped the debt-maker, and away I rode. (BTW... Those guys at Cactus are some of the nicest guys I've met out here. They'll have my business for quite a while.)

It's my first full-suspension bike, and thus far I'm really impressed. After I rode it home and dropped off the paperwork, I rode over to south mountain to feel it out on the rough stuff, and it's a blast. I didn't get too nuts since I didn't get a helmet or pads or anything yet, but man is it nice to have the 5" of travel. I'm sure I'll find things I'll change, but with the SRAM components, Hydraulic discs, and Fox shocks, hopefully it won't be anything major for a while.

Anyways, I'll try to snap a couple of pics to put up here tomorrow. I'm so pumped. :D

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.