Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For me, it would be my my sleeveless GT jersey. Bought it back in '98 not long after I started riding. Was hanging it up today and realized just how long we've been together. Lots of good and bad times together. Can't believe that it's not in tattered rags yet. Built well.:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Raceface

This cool weather jersey is from about 1991.. I wear it often and it has yet to wear out or split a seam. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
I don't have a picture of it, but I think it would have to be my cold weather jacket. It's merino wool with a windproof front. You simply cannot wear that thing if it is over 35 degrees or you'll roast in it....the cool thing about it is that it's pretty light and has a couple little zipper pockets in the rear. Pretty sure I got it somewhere around '88 or '89.

·
Registered
336 Posts
A pair of Patagnoia shorts. Probably 12 years old. The zippers on the pockets haven't worked for years but everything else from the chamis to the stitching is in perfect condition. I LOVE these shorts, I wish Patagonia still make bike clothing.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Salsa jersey from 90?

I saw another one hanging on the "vintage" wall at my LBS. I felt OLD.
-B

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Well, in the winter I still put it on for a ride.....so it may be considered a piece of cycling clothing - my "seaman's soul" - a Russian navy black and white striped long sleeved T-shirt. 31 year of age, still fits on and has a torn seam on a right place only - shoulder, that is, not belly.......:)

·
Registered
178 Posts
These tights.

I got them in the late 80's when I started to ride the first time. Not that they are durable, they spent the last 12 years that I did not ride in the drawer. Starting to ride again in 2003, I have not put them on yet but I will some day for one of those races known for people dressing up in wild outfits. I can't get it to show the true purple that these are either.

·
Live 2 Ride
6,127 Posts
None. I don't own any.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Pair of Pearl Izumi baggies...96 vintage?...now without the liner, which sucked anyway. But they still fit and work...

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
an original LeCoq Sportif from the '89 Tour de France, complete with sponsor patches. Signed by Merckx, Lemond & Indurain.
Sold all my road stuff including bikes but this real piece of sporting history is in cool glass frame above my mtbs and bmx bikes

·
Dirt Rag Extraordinaire
637 Posts
53119 said:
an original LeCoq Sportif from the '89 Tour de France, complete with sponsor patches. Signed by Merckx, Lemond & Indurain.
Sold all my road stuff including bikes but this real piece of sporting history is in cool glass frame above my mtbs and bmx bikes
Whao! :eek:
Dude, we need pics!

I have a black, fleecy Mavic zip-up vest from around '95 or '96. This was when most self respecting mtbr's wore Vans, cut-off army pants, and black heavy metal shirts. My Mavic vest is much thinner 14 years on, but it still maintains my core body temperature, is completely weatherproof, and folds small enough to hook under the webbing on my ancient Camelbak. Importantly, it has a high collar which fits snugly around your neck and prevents any cold wind from getting in. It's an essential bit of kit and I ain't found a superior replacement.

·
Dirt Rag Extraordinaire
637 Posts
Tyler Kiefer said:
I've been wearing the same underwear for thirty some years now.
did you know you can wear your underwear four days in a row without a problem?

day 1; normally
day 2; back-to-front
day 3; inside-out-normally
day 4; inside-out-back-to-front

hey, it works... or just buy 10 pairs of calven kleins off ebay for 30 bucks.

·
1,534 Posts
i've had the same shoes since 1998 or so.

not much left on the bottoms, but they still fit the best and clip in fine.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts