Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading some threads here, on FR/DH, and on "What bike to buy" and have heard everything from 8-11 lbs.

What is the real frame weight for a SuperMoto (not Supermoto DH) with the 6/7" link and coil shock? Size large.

Thanks.

·
Registered
106 Posts
XL Frame with Coil Over

KRob said:
I've been reading some threads here, on FR/DH, and on "What bike to buy" and have heard everything from 8-11 lbs.

What is the real frame weight for a SuperMoto (not Supermoto DH) with the 6/7" link and coil shock? Size large.

Thanks.
XL is just over 10 lbs!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
KRob said:

Thanks.
my frame is 5100grams with a chris king head set. subtract for the head set. and its 11 pounds. its a large. I weighed a medium. it was not any lighter.

but, there is probably close to 2.5 pounds of swing between supermotos with different linkage.

now, there is a 0.8 pound difference between trail dudes frame and mine. and I think both of us are on the money.

trail dude runs 7 inch with a swinger coil, just like me.

but, He runs a lighter spring ( i think I saw 450lb in one of his pictures) and I'm running a 500 pound spring.

trail dude got his frame with the switch blade seat and chain stays. that could be 1/2 to 3/4 lbs lighter.

so,
my coil shock is 2.5 pounds with the coil. if you swap it out with a 1 pound shock like an RP3. you are at 9.5 pound. then, this also would'nt use the cofin link. might save .2 pounds. get the switch blade rear stuff and you are in the 8 pound range.

hope that helps.
so a super moto wieghs mid 8lbs to under 11.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
The weight of the frame should vary dramatically depending on the shock used. When dealing with coil shocks the spring used will also make a difference. Stiffer springs weigh more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.