Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Leverage ratios, custom geometry, options sorted, so that only leaves the colour, going to order it as soon as dipper emails me back...hint hint.... just have to decide on the colour, I'm thinking ano black, with green extra love, or i might just do black with gold extra love like I had on my old fr.

What other timeless colour schemes are there? I already have an orange bike, and I already have a white bike, and a red one too. Plus I can't afford the other ano colours, otherwise I would get green with red extra love.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Ian - the bronze ano with green extra love that Attitude posted up the other day looks pretty cool but obviously there is an extra charge for that.

One of the colours that I think is cool but would never admit it (oh I just did) is piggy pink with glitter. That with a white or black rear would be quite fun although I think the novelty would wear off after a while.

In the older catalogues there is an FR in what is called 'Nano Silver', which is sort of a light blue but with a sparkle to it, with red extra love. It comes in a sort of matt, textured finish, almost like hammerite but not quite. I think that would be awesome. There's also a Nonius on the forum somewhere, from S.America with a similar finish in white, but again, with a sort of rough textured hammerite-esque finish and red extra love, that looks fabulous. I think this one is called Nano-Grey?

Finally how about asking for something completley custom? I've mentioned it before on here but the Gulf Porsche racing colours would be cool and in keeping with the Germanic theme. It would have to be baby blue all over but with some sort of orange panelling on the main tubes; plus the panels would need to have a thin black outline to make them work, so likely it would cost a bit to do, but no more than say bronze ano.

The other custom finishes I would love to see are the various iterations of BMW art cars and the Martini racing Porsches from the 70s. How about something like this:

or perhaps:

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I went with ano black as its hard wearing, green extra love, and green decals, with a black overlay.

A green reset headset and probably green i9 wheels. however thats pretty much all i can afford

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
ianpinder said:
I went with ano black as its hard wearing, green extra love, and green decals, with a black overlay.

A green reset headset and probably green i9 wheels. however thats pretty much all i can afford
That sounds a mint combo for sure...... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yup, should be good. Will be the same as the drawing shown in the other thread. It's essentially an AM with reduced travel and an increased lenght shock.

Forks going to be a 36 float, or 36 talas

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
I am boring and a bit colour blind... I also wanted something timeless and my first choice was white. I actually ordered in plain white.

But then I looked at the colour chart and my wife, CEO, CFO and image consultant helped me to find out this one.

Now that you mention black ano and green extralove, those would have matched really nicely with this colour.

To me it's a sleeper as it's really good looking (to me, anyway), not flashy, not trendy, not common... but neither white or black.

BTW... it's a stock option. Hence no up charge.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.