Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Non-Eco Friendly
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what are you planning on building next year?

I just purchased an El Guapo frame and plan on making an overkill rig for where I ride :D
I have some upgraded parts on my current bike that I'm just going to swap over.

So what are your plans?

·
Registered
876 Posts
See what Salsa's steel frame 'cross bike (new one) looks like when it comes out February-ish. Plan to build up a 'cross bike with road disks, two wheelsets, a tubeless cx wheelset and a tubed road wheelset, same hubs and cassette so the swapout is seamless.

Plan to have my RP23 for my Motolite pushed, hopefully to help me avoid new bike lust for at least one more year. I'll likely never catch up to my bike's abilities anyway.

David B.

·
Ultimated Outsider
570 Posts
I plan on upgrading my Float X fork lowers to 15qr standard. My only hang up right now is do a change my CK ISO axle from 9mm to 15qr or get the fatter CK 15qr hub that could be coverted to 20mm. If I could afford it I would find a Ti Guapo to built up.

·
Off the back...
2,304 Posts
I'm thinking about a new frame for my wife. She's progressed a lot, and I think that she would benefit from some slacker geometry. Also, she keeps kicking my ass on fireroad climbs, and I want to slow her down. :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Picked up an '08 El Guapo frame, because it was cheap, about a month ago. I didn't need another bike so I planned on making it a Winter project to be completed in the Spring, that's what I told the wife, but what do you know, all I need is some tires and she is ready to go :D

If another frame pops up that I like for a good price I might have another project :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I've been lusting after a Indy Fabs Ti Deluxe for a few years and seeing two on our local Thanksgiving ride didn't help. This may be the year. I just love my FTM so much that it may never get the attention it deserves. :madman:

·
Ti is addictive
2,894 Posts
Warp said:
TiEndo strikes back!! :thumbsup:
Bike #2 just left Montana today.......it will be a good early Christmas present, the one in the pic up top is slated to arrive just before Christmas.

Will be culling the fleet come January.......the two bikes will be taking over the duties of 4 bikes.

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
TiEndo said:
Bike #2 just left Montana today.......it will be a good early Christmas present, the one in the pic up top is slated to arrive just before Christmas.
Great!!! :thumbsup:

Mine is just warm off the paint oven and waiting to go in a box bound to Mexico. If all goes well, it will arrive even before I do! :lol:

TiEndo said:
Will be culling the fleet come January.......the two bikes will be taking over the duties of 4 bikes.
More worn parts, more justification for new toys... ;)

·
Ti is addictive
2,894 Posts
Warp said:
Great!!! :thumbsup:

Mine is just warm off the paint oven and waiting to go in a box bound to Mexico. If all goes well, it will arrive even before I do! :lol:

More worn parts, more justification for new toys... ;)
Still think you need some Titanium in your life..........:p

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
TiEndo said:
Just hurry up and get your measurements done by IF will you, you know you want it.:p
$3250 for the frame. :eek:

Love it, but I probably wouldn't ride it all that much. I tried to pick up one a few years back. I understand they could never get the rear triangle made to their liking. Early dw-link.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.