Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

That JohnyJammer (aka JohnySpammer) guy had a lot to say about this thing, and claimed that we'd have to wait for Sea Otter to see more pictures. Did he actually show up? Was it any good?

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=88406

JohnyJammer said:
FRAME WEIGHT: 11.25 LBS W/OUT SHOCK
TOTAL WEIGHT: 46.1 LBS AS SHOWN

Pics: Not acquired yet. Again, check it out at Sea Otter.

Ride traits:
-Responds like a 3 point design when standing over or behind the BB, and sitting. But once you commit to a climb, and shift your weight forward, the rear end stiffens and becomes a " 1" " travel climbing capable machine, for lack of a better term. Basically, shift your weight forward and you can climb.
-The suspension design has applications all across the board. As far as the machine you see or as mild as an XC bike.

NOTE: This frame is capable of SS (Single Speed)

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not trying to start sh!t here, though I do sound pretty skeptical in my original post. This guy was hyping this thing up quite a bit on here. My hat goes off to any independent designer/builder out there...just looking for any follow-up on the original teaser he gave us a few weeks back

·
SNOWRIDER
1,564 Posts
I haven't seen it posted yet, but if I missed ir sorry about the double post :D
That thing is Focking ugly :p

·
gnar, brah
1,861 Posts
JBsoxB said:
oh and what rear shock is that?
Looks like the Manitou Metel, but with a different spring on it. I really like the raw look of the frame, but could do without that slack ass seat angle. Couldn't adjust seat height much without making the effective top tube really long or short. Kinda weird.

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
[email protected] people, this is just a guy who thought it would be cool to start building his own stuff. In my book that's pretty cool - regardless of whether or not the frame is ugly. I don't remember him talking about how it was going to revolutionize the world of hucking, no need to bag on someone else's creation.

·
SNOWRIDER
1,564 Posts
s1ngletrack said:
[email protected] people, this is just a guy who thought it would be cool to start building his own stuff. In my book that's pretty cool - regardless of whether or not the frame is ugly. I don't remember him talking about how it was going to revolutionize the world of hucking, no need to bag on someone else's creation.
So true ! SORRY :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.