Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Occidental Tourist
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yetisurly said:
Geezus jimminy Christmus. Maintain your s**t every once in a while. Its stuff like this that just puts a smile on my face.
that's the problem when you hang out with people who don't know sh!t about bikes

·
Occidental Tourist
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AZ Mikey said:
Let us fellow Kona owners know how the powdercoating turns out.
I'll let you know how it turns out.
They have a pretty decent color selection. $68 for a chem strip and the coating.8-10 days

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
hey now! be nice! :rolleyes:

if you haven't shipped it off yet, let me know i have at least one more frame i want powderecoated... possibly two.... quantity discount, maybe?

YuriB said:
that's the problem when you hang out with people who don't know sh!t about bikes
:rolleyes:

·
Occidental Tourist
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
funboarder1971 said:
hey now! be nice! :rolleyes:

if you haven't shipped it off yet, let me know i have at least one more frame i want powderecoated... possibly two.... quantity discount, maybe?

:rolleyes:
too late to go in with me but don't you have a few that you wanted coated?
maybe you can go in with the rest of the kona owners with the same fab paint job I had...
and I'm only going to pretend to be nice b/c I want to demo your 29ers;)
I got SSWI's rig and yer next.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
the dambala is sooo much nicer than the buzz bomb.

YuriB said:
too late to go in with me but don't you have a few that you wanted coated?
maybe you can go in with the rest of the kona owners with the same fab paint job I had...
and I'm only going to pretend to be nice b/c I want to demo your 29ers;)
I got SSWI's rig and yer next.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
karate monkey. its a little stiffer than the spinner i had on the specialized, but doesn't flex and bob like the marzocchi did.

i am running a marzocchi on the supercaliber though.

strangely enough, the fork seems stiffer on the dambala than it did on the buzz bomb.

do you need a bike to ride while the kona is getting powdercoated? you might want to borrow the liquid and have a little full squishy goodness. heck, i never ride it. :rolleyes:

YuriB said:
tease
what fork you running?

·
Occidental Tourist
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
AZ Mikey said:
Let us fellow Kona owners know how the powdercoating turns out.
fan-freakin-tabulous
got the headset and bb faced and the bb threads chased after the $67 chem dip and coat.

Attachments

·
I am Doctor Remulak
1,425 Posts
YuriB said:
fan-freakin-tabulous
got the headset and bb faced and the bb threads chased after the $67 chem dip and coat.
Looks nice, question time.

Did you send the frame in yourself, or did you send it through a shop?
Color choices?
Turn around looks like it was ~2 weeks, right?

·
Occidental Tourist
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
answer time

AZ Mikey said:
Looks nice, question time.

Did you send the frame in yourself, or did you send it through a shop?
Color choices?
Turn around looks like it was ~2 weeks, right?
dropped it off myself.
i thought their color selection was pretty good, @ least 60 colors.
it was 11 bidness days.
gonna get yers done?
I'd suggest the dip rather than media blasting cuz the walls are so thin.

·
sprocket
3,184 Posts
.downhillfaster. said:
OK, that paint job looks sweet.

Here's a new question to throw into the mix - does anyone know of a local place where one could get unnecessary bits removed from a frame (canti-mounts, gear cable guides) before sending it in to be powdercoated??
I can do it. You can do it. Your Uncle Ed can do it too. DirDir can't and won't do it.

·
Occidental Tourist
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
now would be an ideal time time to powdercoat the 700cc monstrosity but only if dhf agress to matching paint schemes and crime-fighter capes. tights are optional.
ys must do all the work. i will drink beer and supervise.

·
sprocket
3,184 Posts
YuriB said:
now would be an ideal time time to powdercoat the 700cc monstrosity but only if dhf agress to matching paint schemes and crime-fighter capes. tights are optional.
ys must do all the work. i will drink beer and supervise.
I will do all the work for everybody if you include my big wheel in the mix as well. Gotta be gloss black though. You will drink scotch and scratch your ass.

·
sprocket
3,184 Posts
.downhillfaster. said:
I don't know what you fellas are doing over there, but it sounds an awful lot like schenanigans. All I want is all of the extra crap off of my frame that I didn't want in the first place...

And what makes YS qualified to remove the pieces? It has to be more complicated than just using a dremel...I think :confused:
I just told you that you can do it. I have no more of a moronic qualification than you do.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.