Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
ali'i hua
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
as we've all been subjugated to hugh's post about how he rolls....and i got an earfull from rut and Donkey about putting my wife (newbie to MTB...but prefers my 29er when going out for spins...hmm) on my only custom sled. so i took their warnings and went by the LBS and they had exactly what I was looking for:

a- steel
b- 29er
c- ss or geared

let's just say that everything was met. glad i've worked in a shop and had plenty of parts just lying around- the only thing other than the frame that I needed was tyres. rad.

her new sled:
Kona Explosif 2-9.

parts: yup. its got em (kidding)

bling to attempt to keep up with hugh:
titec Hellion ti bar
king pink headset (1st generation)
pauls levers

well, that's where that ends :D

else:
reba
avid mechs
thompson stem
truvativ cranks
XT casette
pc-9something chain
kona $25 platforms
odi lock-ons
salsa skewers
alex td-17's with xt hubs
x-9 shifters
seat
cables
housing
tires..

pic:

Attachments

·
ali'i hua
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
now, what the hell do i do with all this useless 26er stuff?

at one point, it took three bikes to assemble the parts for her bike. brakes and levers from the kona, handlebar and bb from the dean- that and my sofa king was built up as geared and a quishy front end. that had to go. so, those gears and floppy front end went on the kona.

btw- kona handles just fine....for a geared bike (what a snob!)

seriously- anyone want a kona cowen w/ beefy wheels and a sweet fork? not to mentiona deak with the trimmings you see. make me an offer- oh wait- wrong board!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Attachments

·
ali'i hua
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Padre said:
Nice work Ethan!
thanks erik! hitting aliso tomorrow and off to BLT next weekend.

i wish i could do you justice by putting one of our pets in front of the bike, but a lop eared rabbit just wouldnt look right in comaprison to one of your puppies. :D

·
ali'i hua
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
buconine said:
what do you want for the cowan? i'd be interested, need a frame for my gf....
frame (barely used- ridden three times) zokie maraton SL @ 130mm, rhyno lite rims and xt hubs, seatpost that fits, headset and a few add ons will be included. I havent thought 100% about a price, but PM me and we'll see what we can work out. i'm signing off for the night (too much voigner after a day of wrenching :D ), so, let's chat tomorrow or monday.

thanks for the offer! I've been wondering what to do with it.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
SlowSSer said:
frame (barely used- ridden three times) zokie maraton SL @ 130mm, rhyno lite rims and xt hubs, seatpost that fits, headset and a few add ons will be included. I havent thought 100% about a price, but PM me and we'll see what we can work out. i'm signing off for the night (too much voigner after a day of wrenching :D ), so, let's chat tomorrow or monday.

thanks for the offer! I've been wondering what to do with it.
Tread lightly. The Forum Stormtroopers sense a disturbance in The Force. :D

·
ali'i hua
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Meat Foot said:
Nice build SlowSSer! What is her screen name? You hiding her over in the women's lounge?

Make some windchimes.;)
thatd be some pricey chimes.

she's not that much of a mtb nerd yet, but I did overhear her talking bike stuff with the crowd last might.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.