Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"You love your Cannondale more than me"

I replied..

"Don't be silly, of course I don't....... it's about even"

I got a slap for that one. Not sure why.
 

·
Ridin' dirty!
Joined
·
2,208 Posts
That's how it starts...next thing you know your bike is scratched.... :D jk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nah, she was just moaning because I came in from a nice ride and spent an hour cleaning her (my Cannondale) when she wanted to go out for lunch lol!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
You gotta get ~her~ a Cannondale, get her to liking it, then you can place equal status on yours as she places on hers. Keeps da peace!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
520 Posts
Mine has no interest in MTB but after not touching a bike after 30 tears she suggested we bought matching bikes as an Anniversary present to us. We ended up both upgrading soon from dept store bikes to my Prophet for me and her Giant Suede Beach Cruiser. Different worlds yes but we have 150k of singletrack starting outside our door and a very long Beach Strip(and I do mean Strip) just down the road. We ride the strip together and picnic.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mickey, sounds like an idea. Maybe I could by my missus a cheap Cannondale?

I think she's a bit jealous of her (Rosey her name is) to be honest. She called her "it" today, I was not impressed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
DougGuy said:
You gotta get ~her~ a Cannondale, get her to liking it, then you can place equal status on yours as she places on hers. Keeps da peace!
This is the correct answer. I just bought the g/f a NOS Scalpel for cheap... her first ride on it was yesterday:


And she woke up at 5:30 this morning to take it on its second ride.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good to hear a success story, how much was it? (the bike, not your missus).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
BoostN7 said:
Good to hear a success story, how much was it? (the bike, not your missus).
Let's just say less than half retail... it was sitting on the floor for 3 years! It's way more bike than she needs, but couldn't turn it down. Aside from the bargain, the Scalpel seemed the perfect solutino to the hardtail vs f/s I was struggling with for her first mtb.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
301 Posts
Vancemac said:
This is the correct answer. I just bought the g/f a NOS Scalpel for cheap... her first ride on it was yesterday:


And she woke up at 5:30 this morning to take it on its second ride.
I am pretty sure I saw your wife yesterday at Sullivan, I was on the way up when she was on the way down (about 11:30+/-) I was on a white Carbon Rush 1.

As for the Scapel let me guess it was at Helens. I looked at that bike many times was going to buy it for my daughter but thought too much bike.

I should not have waited I was telling my wife about that bike and went in yesterday before my ride and it was gone.

Good to see it getting used.:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
ASI CA said:
I am pretty sure I saw your wife yesterday at Sullivan, I was on the way up when she was on the way down (about 11:30+/-) I was on a white Carbon Rush 1.

As for the Scapel let me guess it was at Helens. I looked at that bike many times was going to buy it for my daughter but thought too much bike.

I should not have waited I was telling my wife about that bike and went in yesterday before my ride and it was gone.

Good to see it getting used.:thumbsup:
Ha, yes indeed Helen's. I was in the weekend before helping a friend's g/f buy HER first mtb, and that one caught my eye... went back thinking the red F2 they have on sale might be the ticket, but it was a bit too big. Yes, that timing sounds exactly right on Sullivan! I was with a different group, but was surprised the conditions were as good as they were given the rain.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
ccaddy said:
Let me guess , the Scalpel is your size and you might "borrow" it in a pinch
from time to time :p
Ha. Sadly, it's too small. But it does have me leaning toward adding a new Scalpel to the barn. The team discount is making life very difficult for me!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
301 Posts
Vancemac said:
Ha, yes indeed Helen's. I was in the weekend before helping a friend's g/f buy HER first mtb, and that one caught my eye... went back thinking the red F2 they have on sale might be the ticket, but it was a bit too big. Yes, that timing sounds exactly right on Sullivan! I was with a different group, but was surprised the conditions were as good as they were given the rain.
Wow small world. Good for you, that was a solid deal.

And I agree, Sullivan and surrounding areas, were in good shape.

BTW do you ride a Flash 29?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
ASI CA said:
Wow small world. Good for you, that was a solid deal.

And I agree, Sullivan and surrounding areas, were in good shape.

BTW do you ride a Flash 29?
No... Motobecane Ti (all decals removed). Yesterday was riding with guys on a new tallboy, a carbon fisher hardtail, and a mongoose hardtail.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Small world lol.

Good to see your missus repping the Cannondale though..... only the best.

If I can get my missus out, I'll buy her one. I just can't see it though :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sell it to me? My misses will ride it ;)
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top