Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So if last week was the final chance for good trail conditions, today was... sloppy. Wet. Icy. Slippery. Muddy. Slow. Fast.

It was my favorite kind of trail conditions- the kind where only a fatbike is going to be able to get anywhere. At times the trail was underwater. It was a blast. there were places where snow had drifted over the trail earlier in the winter, places where the trail had never really gotten packed down, and those places became essentially quicksand. Bogs of little ice pellets.

It was a fantastic day.

·
Registered
5,573 Posts
Sounds like a fackin' good time!!

Last time I tried to ride the trials they were too soft, so I had to pump up the tires and ride the roads. Good news is a found a dollar.

·
1,711 Posts
I was also out today and my area was a bunch of different conditions as well. Tons of fun.

Here is the river I had just been riding on a week ago... pretty crazy to see in person.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Today I drove three hours north to Grayling, Michigan for a fatbike race and some fun riding. Near home (Detroit area) it's in the mid-30s and things are melting. Up north it was in the mid-20s and the freshly groomed XC ski trails (open to fatbikes this weekend) were absolutely incredible. It was like riding a smooth, narrow, fast, crunchy gravel road.

Absolutely incredible.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One of my favorite parts was where the ice and snow had completely melted off the trail and suddenly my bike went from making a semi-deafening crunching noise as the tires rolled over ice and snow to what felt like dead silence. After winter on the fatty you forget that mountain biking can be quiet

1 - 6 of 6 Posts