Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Des(s)ert Rat
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But I have pictures from yesterday's ride.

I've been off real trails for a while due to a couple broken ribs. Yesterday I went back to the scene of the crime and had a great ride in the sunshine.

My friends and I started with Rustler's so I could see how the ribs would feel on a few little bumps.

Since I had no pain we decided to head to the crimescene, Horsethief Bench.

Today I'm feeling muscle soreness around the ribs, but overall, I'm pretty happy to be back on the bike!

Don't know when I'll have time to post again, been busy. Sorry the photos suck and it looks like miserable weather.

Merry Christmas to everyone! I hope that everyone is able to spend it with those that they love and care for.

·
Tracking up the place
627 Posts
You only make me want to move to a temperate climate...beautiful pictures...that's the CO river in the background right...(never been there) but saving my pennies...I want to see the Anasazi Cliff dwellings..is that nearby????

Glad your heelin up...my wife broke her foot in NOV and finally is released for short PT and only stationary bike riding now..Frustratin isn't it...

·
Tear it all out!
7,739 Posts
Glad to hear you are back on the bike.

Broken ribs suck big time, speaking from experience.

We've been missing your daily Fruita fix postings. Keep it up if you can, it helps those of us who live in rain forests stay sane.

·
dirty trail dog
601 Posts
Glad to hear you're back on the bike. I broke my ribs at Hall Ranch in June, and I have to tell you, they didn't really stop aching until November. I started riding again around mid-July, but the pain was always there. Broken ribs suck big time.

·
Dr. Pepper drinker
1,640 Posts
Thanks for the post Sarah, sorry to hear about the ribs but glad your recovery seems to be going okay. Hopefully your son's healing is coming along also. At least you've had a good excuse to not be riding, I'm just pathetic when it comes to riding in the cold so I haven't been on the bike in...hell, I don't even know, but it's been too long. Looking forward to a spring riding trip there already. New camera lens for X-mas so maybe I'll even have a few pics to post someday.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Thanks for the holiday passion hit. I've certainly missed your regular pic's of the Fruita area. I also know too well the slow healing of ribs and what not. Isn't ice cream good for that? Happy holidays to you and yours.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Haroow said:
You only make me want to move to a temperate climate...beautiful pictures...that's the CO river in the background right...(never been there) but saving my pennies...I want to see the Anasazi Cliff dwellings..is that nearby????
Yes, that is the Colorado river.

The cliff dwellings I visited are near Mesa Verde, CO. Not too far from Fruita.

Terry from Overland Park, KS.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
screampint said:
But I have pictures from yesterday's ride.

I've been off real trails for a while due to a couple broken ribs. Yesterday I went back to the scene of the crime and had a great ride in the sunshine.

My friends and I started with Rustler's so I could see how the ribs would feel on a few little bumps.
Today I'm feeling muscle soreness around the ribs, but overall, I'm pretty happy to be back on the bike!

Don't know when I'll have time to post again, been busy. Sorry the photos suck and it looks like miserable weather.

Merry Christmas to everyone! I hope that everyone is able to spend it with those that they love and care for.
Merry Christmas to you. I know about breaking ribs too, I see you're on a gearie. When SS'ing pulling hard on the bars can tweak the rib cage. :eek:

BTW is that white area ice on the bend in the river?

·
Des(s)ert Rat
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'll get more pics of her soon, but we have more pressing family matters right now, not much time. Let's suffice it to say that it's a good thing that all the injuries were in one year and we paid the family deductible on the first one. Danielle is the only one unscathed and I think I might just wrap her in bubble wrap.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.