Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
8,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Though for the drive involved from up here, doubtful that I'll hit it again. Unless everything else is too wet, and I'm really jonesing for a dirt ride. New trails/different terrain.

I'd certainly not bypass Palmer for it. Still, it was cool to ride somewhere new. And the sound of the shale moving around under the tires was nifty and neat-o. A bigger bike would have been rough, with all the pedaling involved to get to the short (though very fun!) down bits.

JimboCO headed down with me, and we hit most everything, getting back towards the car just as some fat water drops started coming our way.

Managed to ride everything other than a few of the wooden switchback steps on "steep and tech" trail. Choosing not to wear the armor for the day gave me great pause when seeing those steps; thought being a chicken was the smarter move. :)

Attachments

·
8,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
front range migz said:
Nice shots. Looks like some fun terrain.
It was some fun stuff. A lot of loose shale, but not so loose that you'd lose traction. A lot of hardpacked, fast rolling stuff as well. Cacti all over the place, though we only suffered one flat while riding, and one more discovered when unloading Jim's bike back home.

We saw a whopping one hiker, and three other riders.

·
8,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rontele said:
Those are some pretty sweet pictures.
Credit to Jim for the ones of me. Good stuff, but as said, I'd not bypass Palmer for it. Though my left arm and shoulder are a bit tender; took two diggers, but jumping things. Drops/rolls, no problem, it's the damn jumpy bits that got me. Thankfully both were in some soft and sandy bits, not on the shale.

So, anyone for Palmer tomorrow? Any local free to possibly guide some folks around? Beer? I've been a few times, but don't know it super well. Can get to a few things, but will likely get lost a few times trying to get to the good stuff.

·
8,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
chad1433 said:
Hey, Scrub...is that a Roco air on your bike?
RS Pearl MC 3.1

Ongoing testing to see whether I prefer it or the Swinger 4-Way Air. The lesser shock will end up being the spare/backup. So far it's a wash, though I've not really gotten more than a half dozen good rides on either shock.

·
Registered
944 Posts
scrublover said:
RS Pearl MC 3.1

Ongoing testing to see whether I prefer it or the Swinger 4-Way Air. The lesser shock will end up being the spare/backup. So far it's a wash, though I've not really gotten more than a half dozen good rides on either shock.
I also noticed that not only do we share the same name, but we have the same helmet, same color. I am so eStalking you right now. :fmicon:

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
where you be ridin' tomorrow scrub?

scrublover said:
So, anyone for Palmer tomorrow?
details?

·
Registered
944 Posts
scrublover said:
Palmer, if enough people are into it driving down. Hall or Lefthand if not.
It appears that Lefthand is winning out. Time, TBA. But I would interested in going to palmer on Tuesday.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
scrublover said:
Palmer, if enough people are into it driving down. Hall or Lefthand if not.
keep me posted... i'd prefer palmer (cuz i've never been).

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
guess i'll check here in the morning...

could do an almost-all-day'er (or thereabouts) either tomorrow or tuesday, but not both...

you guys decide and let me know. i'll probably hit up ye ol' MW/DR the other day (which sounds like it will be tomorrow).

(note to self: wonder if white ranch is ready for action yet?) :cool:

g'night.

·
8,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
gotdirt said:
could do an almost-all-day'er (or thereabouts) either tomorrow or tuesday, but not both...

you guys decide and let me know. i'll probably hit up ye ol' MW/DR the other day (which sounds like it will be tomorrow).

(note to self: wonder if white ranch is ready for action yet?) :cool:

g'night.
hey terry,

so it looks like today in lefthand is winning, and tuesday is palmer. if you can only do one long/all day, i'd make it palmer on tuesday. if that works for you, i'll commit to heading down there with ya. it's good stuff!

·
Really I am that slow
3,778 Posts
Can I come?

would you mind stopping in denver and picking up a lonely fixie rider :rolleyes:

Can get some flying dog and a bit of cash for gas.....

let me know where/when ? Please

·
8,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
SlowerThenSnot said:
would you mind stopping in denver and picking up a lonely fixie rider :rolleyes:

Can get some flying dog and a bit of cash for gas.....

let me know where/when ? Please
Hey Dave, no problem. As above, it looks like Tuesday is the better day for the Springs. Weather wise, too. We'll figure out picking you and Terry up, for sure.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts