Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soooo, after about 10 beers last night I decided I needed some Codes for my Stinky. After about an hour of looking online and about a nanosecond of actual thought I talked myself into Elixir R's and hit the "Bring it ta ma house quick" button.

Now that I look into it today I am wondering if I bought some sweet XC brakes for my DF/FR bike? I did get a pretty good deal which is shocking (I think there was some Crown in their last night too) but I am wondering if anyone has used the Elixir R on their DH rig? I am afraid I just blew a couple of C notes for not much advantage.

If it's important they come with the G3 Cleansweeps in 185mm. I currently have J5's with Roundagons in 185mm.

Having a bar with beer on tap in your house is bad for you.

·
Say Car Ramrod!!
1,824 Posts
Duckiller said:
Soooo, after about 10 beers last night I decided I needed some Codes for my Stinky. After about an hour of looking online and about a nanosecond of actual thought I talked myself into Elixir R's and hit the "Bring it ta ma house quick" button.

Now that I look into it today I am wondering if I bought some sweet XC brakes for my DF/FR bike? I did get a pretty good deal which is shocking (I think there was some Crown in their last night too) but I am wondering if anyone has used the Elixir R on their DH rig? I am afraid I just blew a couple of C notes for not much advantage.

If it's important they come with the G3 Cleansweeps in 185mm. I currently have J5's with Roundagons in 185mm.

Having a bar with beer on tap in your house is bad for you.
nah dude you're good.

elixers power are betwixt the juicy and code

·
Registered
654 Posts
guess it pays to have a little much haha. The thing I dont understand is if you were drunk did you send the stuff to the right address? haha. I guess you have some fine typing abilities when impaired.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope, had an account established with the address already filled in! All I had to do is get the card number right which I am usually good at for some reason.

Now that I have read some reviews I am feeling better about the purchase. Floating brake system should be in my hands by the time the Elixirs show up too. I am looking forward to seeing the difference all of this stuff makes, should be pretty big.

Now if all of the snow will just melt......

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
William42 said:
I just picked up a boxxer WC, gonna throw some spacers in there and run it at 178, I'll let you know how it goes. The tough part is gonna be finding a 2mm spacer, but I'll figure something out
i think you will find that the spacers are in fact in imperial so those 2mm wont be a problem.

right i only suggested i ONCE as the circumstances suited. and just because you keep metioning it wont make me go away. i am one of the riding community and you should respect that.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nick_M2R said:
My mate just got a set of elxir r's and they r sweet! I'm thing of getting a set now. Btw Op post some pics of your stinky when she's finished!
I am starting to realize that it might never be finished! By next week I should have all of the parts here. As soon as this round is complete I will post some pic's.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
man you got off lightly.....when I am drunk it usually cost me a lot.

over a grand for crystal, and I wake up with some drunk girl with me in a place I don't know and then I realized I flew to vegas on the spur of the moment and the chick is uglier then me (which is hard top do)...now we are staying together for the weekend and we got to buy clothes to survive now....IT SUCKS:madman:

rather have a crummy set of breaks or a crummy boxxer:p

·
Slap happy crappiness
1,090 Posts
They R's have the same power as the CR's. I recently went from Code's to CR's and couldn't be happier. I haven't noticed a difference in stopping power and I weigh 235. Probably one of the few good choices you'll make while drunk.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.