Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my wife tells me I need a 12-step program to get rid of my MTBR addiction. I told her, "1 f'ing step is all I need!"

Yee-haw! Thank you, you've been great. Drive home safely!

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
I'm Cured

Nat said:
So my wife tells me I need a 12-step program to get rid of my MTBR addiction. I told her, "1 f'ing step is all I need!"

Yee-haw! Thank you, you've been great. Drive home safely!
I'm cured! On my way home (all new route because I moved farther away) i came across a huge group ride...I joined in mid pack...they were perplexed...a guy (me) on a Gerciotti cyclocross bike, fixed gear...ENO.

Some guys were faster, but some of them could not catch me up the hills.

I didn't know the group ride went a block from my house...so I peeled off, and felt cured/accomplished. WAHOOO!!!!

·
Registered
687 Posts
Just give her the Rig,

And meet me at the Vulture's nest, you can launder the money through my bizness and keep the new 29er at my place ;)
She's just jealous because you have one more bike than her :rolleyes:
Your secret is safe with me.
Yeah, where is Gene?
Jefe'

·
Cold. Blue. Steel.
1,709 Posts
it's nice to know...

that i am not alone with this disease. well, i am alone, with my cat, but no wife. ;)
and i will quit this nasty habit...
as soon as i get done surfing a few more threads. :rolleyes:

plus, i am going to start a procrastonator's club. i should be getting it together in a day or two... or three. and we need someone to ring a cowbell to get the meetings in order. hahahahaha :D

·
Registered
118 Posts
Misery enjoys company

I feel your pain. My wife accussed me of being a "geek" when she saw pictures of my SS and fixie on my laptop as I was preparing them to post on the thread. She giggled incesively at my SS jones as she was watching past episodes of Desparate Housewives.
I can't hang with that.

·
Registered
18,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
blsuedeshu said:
I feel your pain. My wife accussed me of being a "geek" when she saw pictures of my SS and fixie on my laptop as I was preparing them to post on the thread. She giggled incesively at my SS jones as she was watching past episodes of Desparate Housewives.
I can't hang with that.
Fortunately my wife understand the bike thing, just not the computer thing.

As for Cowbell Gene, he's on a bike trip.

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
Some won't put a book down before actually sitting down for diner, some like to broaden their knowledge on their hobby via computers.
I chose this addiction over smoking. Smoking just never appealed to me, although over a billion people on this earth seem to be really into it a lot, spending on average an hour on it daily. As long as they don't do it in my company, I'm fine with it. See the parallel?

·
I like Squishy Bikes
1,101 Posts
its only a problem if...

You're out of control. :cool:

Do you hide new bikes from people that love you?
(in shame, I had to sneak to my Giant VT in the front door)

Do you take your bikes on vacation?
(Isis SL & I slept together in a Super8 in Potosi MO)

Do you have bike parts in your bedroom?
(4Hubs...skewers...2 shocks...blu ano cassette spacers)

Do you have pictures of bikes & bike parts in your wallet?
(no comment)

Do you...oh damn dood...I have a problem! :D
Maybe I can find a support group in Fruita next week.

Hollis
Trying to figure out if I can build a wheel at work...now thats a problem.
The look on my boss's face after I asked if its ok: Priceless.:eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.