Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Heart Plumber
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Few days before ChristmasI posted my Holidays gift to my wife : http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=476803.

She was so kind and sweet to give me a pair of Crank Bros Cobalt Wheels. The set to be replaced are Mavic´s Crossmax SLR. So far and with less of 100K´s on the Cobalts I´m pretty happy, they feel stiff, light and tough. More testing is needed so... Lets ride ´em!!!

By the way, she´s getting the SLR´s, so she´s twice happy.

Some pics of course

Attachments

·
Heart Plumber
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all for your replies. The wheels are amazing. But the most important feature is that there´s no mystery about the internals (as my mavic wheels). The wheels are completly user rebuildable. For the SLR´s I got to fake a password on the Mavic site so I could donwload the intructions for wheel desassembly. Don´t get me wrong, the SLR´s are the induntry standar for low wheight, stiff and high quality, but they don´t support the product after sale, and don´t even give the user maintenance manuals. I gave they a good use for about a year, agressive XC, marathon races to all mountain use with little issues. They are still true as day one. I´m 76 Kg and the ¨fear factor¨ of having non warranty, disposable wheels were always present. Those wheels are going now to my wife´s Superlight. She is just 55 Kg´s xc rider, so there´s low risk to damage the SLR´s

Ride

·
Currently in Exile
2,303 Posts
Nice gift!

Your Blur looks just like mine........except for the front fork, wheels, cranks, derailuers, brakes. tires, bar, stem, seatpost, saddle, rear shock, and cassette.

Oh, maybe it doesn't look like mine at all.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I have had my cobalts since March or April and i am very satisfied. You will not see many out on the trail but as they you continue to hear great things I think we will see more. I raced them all year and I am very impressed. The only issue I have had is rear hub gave me a little trouble but I had it fixed within the week and then back out on the trail.

ENJOY!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.