Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
This place needs an enema
17,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking with a good (used loosely) friend this evening. Hadn't talked in awhile, lots to catch up on. New house and dog for him, kids growing up fast, working too much, not getting out enough, etc...

Somewhere in the conversation he mentioned that "I see on your blog that you were in Alaska...".

To which I responded, "That was a year ago--I was just catching up on old stuff. Had you read what I'd written you'd have seen that".

His response: "There were lots of pretty pictures and blah blah blah--I didn't want to read".

And that about sums it up. We're all too damn busy to slow down for verbiage.

Lots to say right now, in this moment in time, but no one's reading so I'll cop out on this go-round and just share some pixels from the past little while atop and near the fringes of the Colorado Plateau.

Thanks for checkin' in.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Is the thread title intentional? If so I am not understandable.

Great pics....and some enjoy the graphic representation (pretty pics), others enjoy a good read. Some like both....don't get your panties in a bundle....at least he cared enough to look at the pics.

·
This place needs an enema
17,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is the thread title intentional? If so I am not understandable.

Great pics....and some enjoy the graphic representation (pretty pics), others enjoy a good read. Some like both....don't get your panties in a bundle....at least he cared enough to look at the pics.
Yes, intentional. Bob Marley song title.

Not bundled, just busting balls where needed.

·
trail rat
7,825 Posts
no No NO! Don't give in to the lazy ones who refuse to read. Your words are too good to stop placing them. Others can ignore them, please do not deny those who enjoy both of your gifts.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
seems clear to me, your "friend's" priorities are fuh-whacked at the moment. lots of blah, blah, blah to be ignored out there... but i've never felt that way scrolling through a mikesee post. keep 'em coming, that's an ord.. um suggestion!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Nice pictures but so empty without well written commentary. The world is full of pretty images and many convey a bit of a story. None tell a tale. I wrote a blog of my 7 month journey last year and I know many just skimmed the pictures so I gave them plenty. I know others wanted to know what I was feeling so I wrote a bit about that. I suspect a very few actually wanted the real story with it's complex details and that is good because writing it would have kept me from living the journey to the level that I did. Balance

·
Registered
768 Posts
seems clear to me, your "friend's" priorities are fuh-whacked at the moment. lots of blah, blah, blah to be ignored out there... but i've never felt that way scrolling through a mikesee post. keep 'em coming, that's an ord.. um suggestion!
100%

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.