Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Bored Carp
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a Utah noob, I am doing my best to get to know the local rides, etc. By far, the most interesting thing I have noticed is the great quantity of women on bikes in this lovely state.

There are way, way, way more chicas on bikes in Utah than anywhere else I have ever lived. More than SoCal, more than the NW. They are everywhere, on the road, on the mtn - it is amazing.

An example - I went up to Park City to participate in a weekly MTB group ride out of White Pine Touring (just a short drive from SLC). There were 50 women there, just for an informal ride. This is a typical turnout, apparently.

The ride itself was great, the big group split up into 4 smaller groups (beginner, intermediate aerobic, intermediate technical, and the advanced, "Hey, let's just go ride" group) and we all hit the appropriate trails. Imagine my joy when I realized that there were 8 good, fast riders in the advanced group! We went for a awesome 2 hour evening ride.

Yeay, Utah! I like it here.

Cheers,
C

·
Bored Carp
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I have never seen so many chicas all show up for a simple ride. It was amazing. There are so many people on bikes here, men and women. The only places I see with more are in Europe.

I wonder why so many...

·
Bored Carp
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
connie said:
And I bet you all thought I was kidding when I said I think it's often close to a 50-50 ratio of men to women mountain biking around here! ;)
Yeah, I wouldn't put it quite that high, but it is close.

I am guessing that this is a unique to UT phenomenon...

Cheers,
C

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.