Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Mtbr Founder
35,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out yesterday late afternoon and I must have come across 50 squirrels. On the trail!! Little schits would panic and jump on a tree... right near my head as I pass by. I was afraid they would panic and jump on me.

Anyone notice a superbloom?

Any stories or incidents with the lil guys?

·
Hella Olde
2,541 Posts
The crows will get around to eating them, too....

But seriously - the Corvids are also taking over from the Pigeons and Sea Gulls in SF. Harbingers of good times ahead.......or?

Caw Caw

·
Mtbr Founder
35,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The crows will get around to eating them, too....

But seriously - the Corvids are also taking over from the Pigeons and Sea Gulls in SF. Harbingers of good times ahead.......or?

Caw Caw
In the end, it will just be the crows. Maybe some roaches.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Much better than rats. A couple years ago, I had a rat infiltrate my house in the middle of the night and seriously thought it was a burglar. Heard a bunch of noises from kitchen. I was like f***!! Someone broke in. Got up ready for warfare and went into the kitchen. Somehow the bugger jumped on my countertop and dragged a loaf a bread across the kitchen. The rat kept returning to my house every winter to party in my attic. Finally caught him with a rat trap a few months ago and was a big bugger. Sealed all the ways he was getting in, and no more attic parties.:thumbsup:

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
45,017 Posts
Much better than rats. A couple years ago, I had a rat infiltrate my house in the middle of the night and seriously thought it was a burglar. Heard a bunch of noises from kitchen. I was like f***!! Someone broke in. Got up ready for warfare and went into the kitchen. Somehow the bugger jumped on my countertop and dragged a loaf a bread across the kitchen. The rat kept returning to my house every winter to party in my attic. Finally caught him with a rat trap a few months ago and was a big bugger. Sealed all the ways he was getting in, and no more attic parties.:thumbsup:
I don't mean to be a party pooper but where there is one rat there is sure to be more. I had some infiltrate my garage in Rancho Bernardo. Sly suckers. I had one 20' length wall stacked 6' high one layer deep with boxes. I was finding rat dropping and urine on top of the boxes. They piss all over everything, it's what they do. I set a rat trap on top of the boxes using peanut butter as bait. It worked the first night. Unfortunately it didn't catch him. He managed to get out of the trap but the entire layer of boxes and the white wall they were up against was covered in blood, sprayed. Looked like a murder scene. Fed up I called out a pest control service who set up apparently better traps and caught several in a months time. I thought there was only one as well.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
So many squirrels in my neighborhood and backyard this year.

To protect my tomato crop, I'm painting the top of the fence with Sambal Oelek to dissuade them from the garden.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I don't mean to be a party pooper but where there is one rat there is sure to be more.
In my case there was few in the beginning, but it was just mainly one that kept coming back every year. I couldn't find where they were getting in. Then I found it. Pretty sure it was the same one coming in the same spot. Sealed the holes and haven't heard any noise or sign of them since. Blocking the entry points is really important to keep them out.

They are sly suckers. The rat escaped the trap 2-3 times. Not sure how. Traps are pretty good.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Had a couple of panics in Lake Cunningham, they run across the jumps. You can only see them right before you land on them when you are in the air.
Every time I am thinking afterwards, what was the big deal, I have suspension :)

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
As far as 5the squirrels you reported on, fc, I'm not sure whether you meant ground squirrels, which are basically rats with a bushy tail, or the tree squirrels, which fit the profile most people consider as 'squirrels', i.e. tree squirrels.

In San Diego county, we had some kind of a virus which killed off the tree squirrels here almost to the point of local extinction. They are only now beginning to show up in their bushy-tailed numbers.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.