Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I am looking to buy a mountain bike, I have just gotten into it. I have been looking at the specialized rockhopper comp and the Fisher Tassajara. A friend of mine mentioned that she has REI's Navaro ponderosa and she like it. the Navaro has better components then the others and I can get it for the same price, but I haven't been able to find many reviews on it. So between those three I can't really decide.

My biggest concern though is outgrowing my bike quickly. I plan to ride a lot and I want to get into some really challenging stuff, so should I go for a better bike even though I am just starting out. Any advice or reccommendations would be helpful.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Good luck on that one. I'm still deciding between the two. I posted almost the same exact post a couple of days ago, check it out under "Which One". Most of the people said to get the GF, but they are extremely close in componentry, price, etc.

I've ridden both many times and can't decide. It's tough to tell how they feel in a parking lot, can't really test them.

Ride em, see if you prefer one or the other.

Good Luck!

PH

·
Registered
60 Posts
The greatest deals I have come across are the bikes from last year, still brand new that the shops were not able to sell. For example I found a 2004 Cannondale Gemini 900 $1000 off the original price, same with the scalpel 2000. I know these are high end FS and from what I see you are looking more hard tail but I can't imagine why it wouldn't be the same. Look around your local shops and see what they have from last year, maybe you'll stumble across something great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.