Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To introduce myself. 25 year old engineer, 6'3 250 lbs. Looking to get back into mtn biking, as I was pretty avid until college, as a result I gained the "freshman 15" (or in my case 75). All of my mtn bikes have been walmart specials, specifically on a Mongoose the last 2, still having a Mongoose XR-100, with a new bottom bracket and pedal arms.

Today we bought the wife a Fuji Nevada 4.0 (purple!) I've been expressing more and more interesting in getting back on the bike, and she wants to tag along, she thinks. We'll see.

Just saying hi, i've been cruising these forums for a good while now. I know I have a walmart bike, but it still works really well for the time, and she didn't have a bike period. Hoping to get ourselves in better shape with some light bike trail cruising and see how our progression goes. I'm used to rougher terrain, but the Mrs. needs warming up first.

-Trey

·
Registered
113 Posts
welcome! i am also hopping back in the saddle. its not fun at first but keep riding, it gets easyer.

·
Registered
234 Posts
irongun324 said:
To introduce myself. 25 year old engineer, 6'3 250 lbs. Looking to get back into mtn biking, as I was pretty avid until college, as a result I gained the "freshman 15" (or in my case 75). All of my mtn bikes have been walmart specials, specifically on a Mongoose the last 2, still having a Mongoose XR-100, with a new bottom bracket and pedal arms.

Today we bought the wife a Fuji Nevada 4.0 (purple!) I've been expressing more and more interesting in getting back on the bike, and she wants to tag along, she thinks. We'll see.

Just saying hi, i've been cruising these forums for a good while now. I know I have a walmart bike, but it still works really well for the time, and she didn't have a bike period. Hoping to get ourselves in better shape with some light bike trail cruising and see how our progression goes. I'm used to rougher terrain, but the Mrs. needs warming up first.

-Trey
Welcome back! The trails are looking forward to seeing more of you and the Mrs! :thumbsup:

Ride the heck out of that Walmart bike getting your figure back, then when it's all worn out and you know you're deeply obsessed with the sport....upgrade! :D

Oh, and have a whole bunch of fun along the way. :p

·
Catholic MTBR
159 Posts
I developed some crazy strong climbing skills from riding a 37 pound, full suspension Wal-Mart special for a few years. The only big deal with it (aside from the weight) was that the single walled rims bent really easy so I was perpetually riding on bent rim. Maybe another reason my legs got so strong. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts