Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
2012 Race: April 28th!
871 Posts
I went out for a morning ride here in Redding, headed toward Whiskeytown. Before I got there it started to snow lightly. I rode some singletrack for about 30 minutes, then it started snowing in earnest. So I headed home and was a popsicle by the time I got there. What I'm leading up to is that I'm probably not racing on Sunday, I can freeze my a$$ off right here in Redding!

·
Mtbr Founder
35,470 Posts
Current temps in my house are:
Realtime Weather From De Anza College in Cupertino, CA

3/10/06 - 12:02:12 PM CURRENT MIN/MAX HOURLY CHANGE
Temperature 44.4 °F 39.9 / 51.9 °F -4.7 °F

I think we hit the high for the day already. There's snow on all the surrounding hills of the Valley.

Cool racers, hang tough. I think Merlin might convert to full roadie after this race. Bigboulder, bring some hard liquor. Brew ain't gonna warm you up enough.

fc

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
LemurianGuy said:
I'm probably not racing on Sunday, I can freeze my a$$ off right here in Redding!
But can you get real muddy & wet with a race number on your bike and suffer in redding???:p Come to think if it, I have done that in redding. Come on Ron, I'll buy you all you can eat at In & Out burger after the race!!:cool:

·
Registered
710 Posts
francois said:
Current temps in my house are:
Realtime Weather From De Anza College in Cupertino, CA

3/10/06 - 12:02:12 PM CURRENT MIN/MAX HOURLY CHANGE
Temperature 44.4 °F 39.9 / 51.9 °F -4.7 °F
I thought I was the only one who was cheap and didn't run the heaters. :D Are you using all the electricity to keep the MTBR servers running?

Hopefully it isn't too cold for the commute home.

-Derek

·
871 Posts
merlin said:
I'll buy you all you can eat at In & Out burger after the race!!:cool:
That's a great offer and much less expensive than all the beer I can drink after the race:p If I wimp out at least the trail organization will still benefit since I'm prereg'd. I'll decide tomorrow afternoon when I get the call from my buddy who is preriding the course. How's that for sitting on the fence:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
LemurianGuy said:
If I wimp out at least the trail organization will still benefit since I'm prereg'd. I'll decide tomorrow afternoon when I get the call from my buddy who is preriding the course. How's that for sitting on the fence:rolleyes:
Hey man, you have a reputation to keep up. The guy who designed the hardcore MTB race in Whiskeytown is whimping out becasue he does not want to get cold and dirty??? Does'nt look good.;) ;)

·
871 Posts
Its snowing in Redding again:rolleyes: If I do show up I'll have some free 2005 Lemurian shirts to give away, look me up up, I'll be wearing a sweatshirt, er, better make that a snowsuit with this logo!

Francois, Sunday would be a really good day to test out that beautiful brand new Niner you've got!

Attachments

·
fabricator
49 Posts
ummmmm yeah ....

just flakes starting to flitter by,
light little ones that don't yet stick.
As the sun goes down though I bet it will be a different story.

-carnitas

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Come on now.......

Well I guess all the girlie men can go down and race the TBF race with Gary (AKA F.P)....... since it looks like he is a DNS.

This is, and always will be a hard core race, only the tough come out and do this to themselves. Most everyone has a smile on their face at the end, maybe that's because it's over :)

It is snowing here in Foresthill, elev. 2800' . If it does snow on the course it will only add to the epic nature. We will have two large forced air propane heaters, don't get too close, I think Lycra is pretty flammable.

Supposed to be clear on Sunday.

Come on Lemurian Guy, I've done your race in the snow and at 105 degress, with what seemed like a 110 degree tail wind, on a tandem nontheless, what's a little cold and water.......... oh, Ice I guess.

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
The conditions in Cool should be old time Lemurian-like (why do you think Ron moved the Lemurian forward a coupla weeks from the old days...that tax season stuff is just a bluff:rolleyes: ).

·
871 Posts
Sean Allan said:

Come on Lemurian Guy, I've done your race in the snow and at 105 degress, with what seemed like a 110 degree tail wind, on a tandem nontheless, what's a little cold and water.......... oh, Ice I guess.
The run you guys did down the Lemurian Chute on your tandem in the pre-disc brake days is the stuff of legends. Honestly, we were just talking about you guys the other day and wondered what had become of you. Now I know, you've joined the ranks of the evil, sadistic race dictators, I mean directors. Welcome to the club!:D

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Sean Allan said:
We will have two large forced air propane heaters, don't get too close,.
Especially after I down my Endurox after the race, lots of gas:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Hey can if I bring one of those BOB trailers can I bring the heaters on the course with me to keep me warm??

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.