Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
noob
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time there, and it was a bit overwhelming. First of all, the toll booth kid didn't know anything. The map was a big help. I knew I should have brought the GPS. Entered the trail system near the booth, I think it was called One mile trail. It was washed out about 1.3 miles in, so we walked the bikes across the brook and then took bear brook trail (I think), which was the first trail that veered to the left. Pretty cool trail that parallelled a brook. There were some hairy sections on a steep hill that I was probably going too fast on. I'll have to remember that next time. Almost went careening down the hill into the brook...:madman: but it's ok. I took the same trail back to the parking lot. It was a good time. I did around 8 miles. It looked like it was going to rain soon so I headed out. Anyone want to take a ride out to Bear Brook sometime and show me the way around? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Next time go towards the campground and instead of bearing left to go to the campground head straight up the dirt road and park at Hayes Field (which is on the right about a mile or so up the dirt road/it's on the map). There are a ton of options riding from here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts