Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts

Attachments

·
artistic...
Joined
·
7,608 Posts
is that a first gen. syncros post?
 

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
Joined
·
10,921 Posts
bushpig said:
Yes, but a newer one comes with the bike.
you can't just stop adding your two bits about him and his kona can you ?
 

·
No good in rock gardens..
Joined
·
4,437 Posts
DeeEight said:
you can't just stop adding your two bits about him and his kona can you ?
There appears to be some sort of odd infatuation.................
 

·
artistic...
Joined
·
7,608 Posts
DeeEight said:
you can't just stop adding your two bits about him and his kona can you ?
and why are you so upset about it? is the kona man your BF?
 

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
Joined
·
10,921 Posts
colker1 said:
and why are you so upset about it? is the kona man your BF?
My problem would be with people in here who assume that anytime anyone mentions or posts about a vintage bike they own which isn't the ideal size for them, is trying to sell it. This is especially ironic because a few months ago, when I mentioned my Rocky Thunderbolt is a bit too small for me (a 19"), bushpig PM's me to see if I'm selling it. So lastweek woodie posts about this nice kona he was given, comments its a bit too big for him (20"), and while he may have posted it on ebay a few days after he posted it on here, there was nothing in his original post about it being available to anyone. Yet along comes bushpig whining and complaining he didn't buy a $2 add. And I would have posted this in THAT thread but I was out of town as it was happening and being locked.
So we got a new thread on it now, and you ask woodie a question about it, and bushpig just has to respond like its his kona that's now for sale. Makes one wonder doesn't it ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's true, the seatpost will be the era after the one shown in either alloy or ti, depending what I can track down.

I don't care if you are gay, just buy the bike.
 

·
artistic...
Joined
·
7,608 Posts
DeeEight said:
My problem would be with people in here who assume that anytime anyone mentions or posts about a vintage bike they own which isn't the ideal size for them, is trying to sell it. This is especially ironic because a few months ago, when I mentioned my Rocky Thunderbolt is a bit too small for me (a 19"), bushpig PM's me to see if I'm selling it. So lastweek woodie posts about this nice kona he was given, comments its a bit too big for him (20"), and while he may have posted it on ebay a few days after he posted it on here, there was nothing in his original post about it being available to anyone. Yet along comes bushpig whining and complaining he didn't buy a $2 add. And I would have posted this in THAT thread but I was out of town as it was happening and being locked.
So we got a new thread on it now, and you ask woodie a question about it, and bushpig just has to respond like its his kona that's now for sale. Makes one wonder doesn't it ?
let's leave it at that. no need to fight over it. btw.. nice bike in an odd size. (other than the cranks and forks) everything is primo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
Colker: "and why are you so upset about it? is the kona man your BF?"

DeeEight: "Ah so you're homophobic too as well as being a wannabee forumcop."

Colker: "LOL! homophobic? LOL.. do forum cops have badges? do they wear a uniform?"

---------------

Was that an out? I knew there had to be something behind D8's disposition. Imagine, being closet queer in the land of lumberjacks and mounties... torture.



Anyway, looks like a nice Kona you've got there, Woodie, even if the sale has been a bit of a debacle. Hey, no press is bad press, right?

dj
 

·
artistic...
Joined
·
7,608 Posts
bushpig said:
The cranks and forks are primo. Not just M900, the cranks look very clean. I like the look of the smaller,black ring too.
those are sugino if i remember kona's spec from that era. not in xtr league.. i'm not a fan of those marzochis. otoh.. the xtr shifters and brakes, the syncros post.. 1st class.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top