Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and this happened.

This bike has been through quite a bit and several changes. This change required new brake levers (integrated before, Cane Creek direct curve now) and new chainring bolts. I had the single speed kit from before my commuter went fixed, and I used the original derailler as a tensioner. The good derailler will probably get sold.

In the future I would like a new saddle, I am about due for new pedals, and a carbon or Thudbuster seat post. Oh, and a real tensioner. A lighter fork or wheels would be nice, but probably out of the price range for now. I think it might just stay as is for a bit, maybe until I see if I can get a better frame someday. Wish I could get the 4300 stickers off too without making it look like crap.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,566 Posts
I was able to get the stickers off my Fuel 100, just used an exacto to go under the clearcoat and they pulled right up. Nice bike, no go ride...welcome to the dark side!! :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,566 Posts
FrontRanger said:
Hey there miSSionary. What is the story behind your avatar?
Ha ha ha, wish I had a good story but I don't, so here goes...a release of the insanity that lie betweenith my ears :eek:ut: ;
She's not a blonde and has some HOT curves...just like my little lady...
She's got the devil inside...Just like my lady...:devil:
She's ready to drill me in the back with that pitch fork if I get outta line...My lady, well a more dull weapon maybe, that way gang green sets in correctly??...:yikes:
She's um, horney (oh come on...look at the top of her head folks!!)...So is my lady...:nono:
But in a differnt kinda way (okay folks, dirty train docs here!!)...:ihih:
Just look at that tail, can I get some tail!!...Just like I ask my lady (ha ha ha, sorry, train still at bay)...:ciappa:
I guess I use this avatar all in all because I think she's a little devilish HOTTIE...Just like my lady!! :thumbsup:
Where did yours go?? :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
miSSionary said:
I was able to get the stickers off my Fuel 100, just used an exacto to go under the clearcoat and they pulled right up. Nice bike, no go ride...welcome to the dark side!! :thumbsup:
miSSionary, can you post pics of how the paint job looks like after you removed the stickers with the exacto???
I have a '01 GF Big Sur with the original stickers under clearcoat that I was thinking about stripping.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,476 Posts
Man that is awesome. So did you do the art or you find it somewhere. I have no clue what happened to mine. Methinks I need to get creative. Thanks for the tip on Salida camping in the other thread. Gonna give Absolute a call. Been meaning to get down there for years.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,566 Posts
FrontRanger said:
Man that is awesome. So did you do the art or you find it somewhere. I have no clue what happened to mine. Methinks I need to get creative. Thanks for the tip on Salida camping in the other thread. Gonna give Absolute a call. Been meaning to get down there for years.
I found the artwork but forgot where. Yes, call Absolute, Shawn will have you on trails that will have you retuning weekly!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,566 Posts
ezw0rkz said:
miSSionary, can you post pics of how the paint job looks like after you removed the stickers with the exacto???
I have a '01 GF Big Sur with the original stickers under clearcoat that I was thinking about stripping.
ezw0rkz, Sure provided I don't forget to later, lol. I am at work but I can get pics tonight and put them up in the am. I have not done much cleaning so it is very ruff, still think you'll be amazed at how nice they become without. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,566 Posts
ezw0rkz said:
miSSionary, can you post pics of how the paint job looks like after you removed the stickers with the exacto???
I have a '01 GF Big Sur with the original stickers under clearcoat that I was thinking about stripping.
Here you go, pics as promised sir!! :thumbsup:
Keep in mind that I took the stickers off and gave the bike to my Girl friend. The bike has not been washed and I did not try to do any cleanup after stripping the stickers (It would be extremely easy to have it looking perfect). I did this like a month ago or so, fyi.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
You are the MAN, man!!! awesome, thanks for taking time to do that!

I wonder if the un-glossed paint under the removed stickers will fade or be more susceptible to damage/scratches.

BTW- the bike does look cleaner without stickers ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,566 Posts
ezw0rkz said:
You are the MAN, man!!! awesome, thanks for taking time to do that!
I wonder if the un-glossed paint under the removed stickers will fade or be more susceptible to damage/scratches.
Thanks man, no problem at all. The bike won't be more susceptible to damage but you do have a good question about the fading issues. If you are really nervous about the paint fading I would use a glossy model paint over the whole bike, just a thought. FYI~ I am not worried enough about it to try anything now. I do store the bike inside out of the sun. Good luck if you take my rout!! :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well, got my first ride this morning. Besides an endo into a cactus bush (which was completely non SS related) things went great. I really enjoyed just riding and not worrying what gear I was in. A really nice ride.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top