Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..and I was excited until I saw how slow I am... :)

Me and a buddy went out to Blue Diamond yesterday and rode a little loop, and I'm actually not sure what the name's of the trails we rode are. It was pretty fun. My buddy said it was the most techinical thing he's ridden out here since he moved out from Michigan in July. And I do have to admit, it was tough. I didn't know anything like that existed out there.

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/1882306

This thing is still so freakin cool though, no matter how slow I am.

·
Young, Shawn Young
3,165 Posts
Very cool. That whole area rocks for whatever type of riding you choose to do that day.

·
weirdo
6,223 Posts
twouareks said:
..and I was excited until I saw how slow I am... :)
Tell me about it! I got one about a month ago and I was afraid of that before I ever put it on the bike- just say I had a premonition! And it was true, in a way. The problem is that sometimes I know damned well that I`m approaching the speed of sound and that lying little gizmo tries to tell me that I`ve only managed thirty MPH or so. The good part is that when I`m bracing for a sonic boom my eyes aren`t off the trail long enough to read a little LCD screen bouncing around at arms length! I just have to make sure I don`t look at the recorded max speed before I reset. All I really wanted was the odometer feature and mostly I just check that when I`m stopped. Have fun with your own new gizmo.
EDIT: Whoa! I just looked at the link-is all that information from the computer you`re talking about? If it is, Dangme! that`s slick.

·
Lone Wolf McQuade
2,418 Posts
In case you missed it.....

.....After you click on the link that Twouereks has put in, the Motion Based page opens. After it's loaded there are some yellow colored tabs off to the right. Click on the tab that says "Player" and another screen will open. Push what looks like an old VCR "play" button and it will actually run your ride. The graph above the map has all your information like speed, pace, distance, and elevation during each point of your trip. Prettty cool program.,,,and this is just the free version.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.