Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So earlier today I was on Craigslist and saw an ad for a Specialized Stumpjumper, it was lime green, so out of curiosity I thought I would go look at it ( I was hoping to get a sweet deal like clockwork did :) ) Any way, he wouldn't let us come to his house to see it, he would only meet us, and before he hung up, he told us his bike wasn't green like the one in the picture, it was red. So, at that point we already thought it was stolen. He said he had to ride anouther bike home (which he probabably just stole) and then get the one he was selling to bring it to us to the meeting location. As we were waiting, I was scrolling back through Craigslist and then found the ad for the stolen Stumpy with detailed pics. We saw the guy ride home to his house and get the stolen bike out of the garage and when he pulled up to the said meeting spot, it was in fact the stolen bike. Long story short, we told him we were going to think about it for a few, trying to buy some time while I contacted the original owner and the police. The guy got a little nervous and left. ( he doesn't know I saw where he lives) We waited 45 minuites for the Phoenix PD to show up, and nobody came. Finally we just left, pissed off:madmax: I guess stolen bikes arent a priority.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Telling people on this board where this guy lives could lead to some sort of attempt at vigilante justice so be careful with that information. I would keep trying to contact the authorities and keep an eye on your valuables in the meantime ^^

·
dirt visionary
6,516 Posts
I talked to the same guy prolly 5 mins after you did as he said someone was coming to look at it .I knew 2 in one week would be too good to be true so I Asked some questions didn't like the answers and of course found out it was an OLD bike.

Shame!

·
Registered
531 Posts
there was a IH 7.7 on tucson CL for 400. no pics. similar deal. i spoke to the guy. seemed shady. wanted to bring the bike to me. i searched online for mention of a stolen IH but didnt find anything. tried to arrange a meetup but the guy never showed. still have his number in case i hear about one missing.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was an old bike, but some poor guy is out a bike that he really liked. It actually had a lot of new XTR stuff on it. Anyway, I finally got the original owner, and gave him the theifs phone number, and where he lives. He called the police, and filed a report. They said they were going to check it out. Hopefully they nab this idiot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.