Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i dont know much at all about the push technology. what is the difference between regular internals vs. push? i want to upgrade to a dhx5 coil for my coiler...would it be wiser to push my vanilla r on there now? any help is greatly apprectiated...
Chris

·
solid gold plated
878 Posts
erm if i were you i'd get the dhx5 rather than push the vanilla r, then later you can perhaps push your dhx5 as well lol.

no doubt konut will post tommorow telling you to get a roco instead

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
i like to climb as well as downhill and freeride, the propedal feature is nice in the dhx5 and also its way cheaper (250 brand new on some sites) the roco seems like a great shock for more hardcore dedicated free ride. but shoot this is just what ive read so im really just making an assumption. oh well,
BTW what is the differnece between non push and push!?!? what makes it so much better!
thanks again guys
Chris

·
Just roll it......
7,621 Posts
I'd get the DHX 5 vs. pushing the vanlla r. One thing to consider is I think you can buy a Pushed DHX directly from Push.

I've got a Vanilla RC and a Vanilla R pushed for my Stinky and Bear and it really made a huge difference how well those bikes ride. That said, I think my DHX 5 rides really great on my big bike, but it took me a bit to get that adjusted perfect. If it needs servicing down the road, I'll likely send that to push.

EB

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
the rocco is available with tst which i think means select the compression and ride but is adjustable to varying conditions,via the adjustable knob on top.

like ebxtreme mentioned the dhx can be a nightmare to get right as i,m,o they have over done it with the amount of adjustments you can make,and each one has an efect on the other.

that said if you do push it that will theoretically overcome the tuning problems.

but i would save for the rocco,as my bike is an all rounder and i have to pedal to my trails which sometimes can be a 30 mile round trip.

but in all honestly learn to pedal smoother and the pro pedal is redundant

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I donno what ur talking about?

konut said:
the rocco is available with tst which i think means select the compression and ride but is adjustable to varying conditions,via the adjustable knob on top.

like ebxtreme mentioned the dhx can be a nightmare to get right as i,m,o they have over done it with the amount of adjustments you can make,and each one has an efect on the other.

that said if you do push it that will theoretically overcome the tuning problems.

but i would save for the rocco,as my bike is an all rounder and i have to pedal to my trails which sometimes can be a 30 mile round trip.

but in all honestly learn to pedal smoother and the pro pedal is redundant
Ill have to disagree, because my DHX was not difficult to set up for me at all and has been less hassle then my 06 66sl. Actually it has been no hassle. I just do a sefety check on my boost occasionally. Dial in the sag with preload or a new spring, if you bottom out to easy crank in the BO a bit, If ur ride feels harsh, backoff on the PP and/or Boost. "Personally I keep both at the minimum" With 2 visble lines of BO, I have no BO problems off 8ft drops, and it feels quite nice on all sizedl bumps. If you plan on doing big hits, keep it in the progressive notch on ur Kona frame. I do however agree with you on propedal though. I do just as much climbing as descending, and I have never found PP be useful. I pefer to have very active suspension climbing though. If you can pedal correctly, there really is no need for PP, IMHO. Im not nocking the Roco though, as i have no experience with it, and I am sure its a great shock. I would like to try one some time! :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.