Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
I Have Cookies
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
To not be considered a Nuuub? ;)

With all these: Who gives the worst advice, Who gives the best advise threads lately..... I'd like to know How long/How many posts does it take, for some of these nube-know it all's to gain some respect around here:thumbsup:

Let's the good times roll ........:cool:

·
I Have Cookies
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I guess 1000 posts dosen't mean a thing?????;)

·
Official ***** Idiot
333 Posts
Nah........post counts don't mean anything. Look to the left of my post, then forget what you see immediately. I joined in '98, stopped coming in early '04, just came back, and everything from '04 back is gone, my join date is six years newer than it used to be, and my post count dropped by 4000 or so. :)

But yeah........I don't care how many posts you have. I've seen guys with 20,000 posts, but every single one of them is wrong, and guys with just 200 that are extremely accurate and helpful. Besides, Shiggy just (sorta) corrected me today, and I've been here forever. Who's the n00b now?

·
I Have Cookies
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
AusMTB Orienteer said:
What he said
its quality not quantity that counts.
That's what I want to hear!!! Thanks!

It's so funny the stuff that people on this forum will say! Sometimes I wonder if their just here for some kind of misguided personal (or corporate) agenda

I guess I have to wait until tonight when old Louie Gets on and make this a more interesting thread!

·
I Have Cookies
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MiniTrail said:
we have a pattern to follow don't we :lol:
You got that right!!! :thumbsup:

Just call me the old pot stirrer!

·
Grinder
340 Posts
more importatnt to ride dont worry about what post queens think of you on a forum they probably dont ride if they are posting so much

·
XC Ground Pounder
408 Posts
nogod said:
more importatnt to ride dont worry about what post queens think of you on a forum they probably dont ride if they are posting so much
That's about right. Post counts don't mean a damn thing. Its the information inside the posts that count.

For example, this bike belongs to someone with just over 2200 posts. Notice anything about it?

BadAdviceGiver said:
Its clean. Too clean. No one with a bike that clean rides much.

·
I Have Cookies
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh it must hang in a nice warm garage or better yet parents basement and get polished an admired...... Oh and that 0ff brand...... How dare you put a pic of one of those catalog bikes!

·
Registered
201 Posts
quietcornerrider said:
That's about right. Post counts don't mean a damn thing. Its the information inside the posts that count.

For example, this bike belongs to someone with just over 2200 posts. Notice anything about it?

That's not necessarily accurate information, my bike stays spotless it may get dirty and muddy when i ride but when you put as much money in to a bike as what some people spend on there cars you like to see it clean when it's not being ridden. Least i do and snow dose not really make much of a mess. Really i do usually spend a hour or more after every ride cleaning and waxing my bike. The pix i have are look like new so the pedals are not even scratched because i just replaced the drive train. That and i never stop upgrading parts if they start to look bad i get new ones. Guess that the advantage of knowing a bike shop owner and getting every thing for cost.

Photobucket

Photobucket

now there are a few nicks on the bask gard, crank, and pedals but they still look very good and when the pedals really start to look bad i got back ups lol.

Photobucket

Photobucket

·
Registered
201 Posts
I would have new pix up but i broke my camera on a four wheeling trip about a week ago and have not found a new one yet that i like to replace it got muddy water behind the lens some how and broke it trying to get it out. here is the last pic it ever took notes the mud puddle i didn't and splash it was toast.
Photobucket

·
XC Ground Pounder
408 Posts
motoxkfx123 said:
That's not necessarily accurate information, my bike stays spotless it may get dirty and muddy when i ride but when you put as much money in to a bike as what some people spend on there cars you like to see it clean when it's not being ridden. Least i do and snow dose not really make much of a mess. Really i do usually spend a hour or more after every ride cleaning and waxing my bike.
It was meant to be a joke. I keep my bike clean too, as does anyone that wants to protect their investment.

Just trying to be cute.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
201 Posts
quietcornerrider said:
It was meant to be a joke. I keep my bike clean too, as does anyone that wants to protect their investment.

Just trying to be cute.:thumbsup:
It's cool i just didn't want some of the new guys to take that seriously and there are people on here that will well that and i am board as HE!! lol. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Photobucket[/QUOTE]

Sorry to side track this thread but can I ask what type of pedals these are? I don't believe they are clipless and wanted to know the advantage of them as they appear to be just a platform pedal with some sort of insert-able spikes. I'm a newbie and my bike came with clipless but I put some toe-clip pedals on as I haven't bought clipless shoes and I was a little intimidated by the clipless.

All the forums I belong to I tend to lurk, learn, and use the search function as much as possible. I could care less about post count and the posters with high post count in a short period of time always make me wonder why they wouldn't spend more time actually doing the activity as opposed to spending time on the internets.

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
quietcornerrider said:

:idea: That was right after that fork was installed, so of course my bike was clean.

It is 0 Degrees F in South Burlington VT this morning, wanna go riding? If I did my bike wouldn't be dirty we have Feet of snow

·
XC Ground Pounder
408 Posts
Dremer03 said:
:idea: That was right after that fork was installed, so of course my bike was clean.

It is 0 Degrees F in South Burlington VT this morning, wanna go riding? If I did my bike wouldn't be dirty we have Feet of snow
Tell me about it! We almost got stuck at our cabin in northern Vermont. About 3 ft. of snow if I eyeball correctly.

And I all I got for my trouble was a picture of a spike buck I couldn't shoot.

·
Probably drunk right now
6,753 Posts
Flats...

2hip said:
Sorry to side track this thread but can I ask what type of pedals these are? I don't believe they are clipless and wanted to know the advantage of them as they appear to be just a platform pedal with some sort of insert-able spikes. I'm a newbie and my bike came with clipless but I put some toe-clip pedals on as I haven't bought clipless shoes and I was a little intimidated by the clipless.

All the forums I belong to I tend to lurk, learn, and use the search function as much as possible. I could care less about post count and the posters with high post count in a short period of time always make me wonder why they wouldn't spend more time actually doing the activity as opposed to spending time on the internets.[/QUOTE]

They're refered to as "flats" or flat pedals (vs. clipless or toe clips). They are a platform pedal. The spikes are allen set screws that are raised above the pedal to provide grip. The advantage is you're not locked to you bike. And if you learn how to ride and perform technical manuevers on flats (jumps, bunny hops, j-hops, etc.) then you're generally a better technical rider than someone who relies on clipless pedals to perform the same maneuver.

Disadvantages: You can't pull up with your hamstrings and lose pedaling efficiency, your shins and calves can become hamburger pretty quickly.

Bottom line: It's personal preference.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.