Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
giddy up!
3,249 Posts
I met my GF when she called the shop I was working at and ordered a bike. That was 3 years ago or soo....sweet little yeti hardtail that's now a singlespeed.

Anywho, We emailed quite a bit and finally met up after a few years...it's been great....except for the 2,000 miles between us!

B

·
Registered
54 Posts
I am doing trail work on this trail and met this newbie hottie on her new bike who's opening line was "I love to watch a man work". I stayed over at her place that night but we are "taking it slow" (and it's killing me).

NY

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
no women on trail

You must be joking right ? I don't see any chicks on trail at all. They all hang out at the malls. Mountain biking is too strenous for them. The most work they do is to choose a dress for a party

99% of bikers are men. there are so few biker chicks on trail.

·
Registered
19,486 Posts
Picard said:
You must be joking right ? I don't see any chicks on trail at all. They all hang out at the malls. Mountain biking is too strenous for them. The most work they do is to choose a dress for a party

99% of bikers are men. there are so few biker chicks on trail.
Yeah...

·
Linoleum Knife
3,323 Posts
awai04 said:
And just so e'body's included, any girls meet their beaus on the trail??
I met a girl on the trail once.

She had cute little pet names for me..

Stalker
Pervert
Freak

Ahhh.. our conversations still play through my mind:
"what are you doing? Quit following me. Put your pants back on"
Oh I miss her sweet voice.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I met my boyfriend on a ride. We rode together with a group of friends for about 6 months. Then our first date was when he came over to fix my bottom bracket. He really did, this is not a euphamism for anything...he replaced the bottom bracket on one of my bikes, then we went out for dinner and watched a movie. And now we have been together for about 15 months.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
yes

I met my wife on the trail in 1993. I was preriding the A1 mountain race course and checking my time at the end when she rode up and asked me if I knew where the course was. I believe her first impression was "nice looking but look at that gut". Mine, "cute blonde but kinda cocky".

She won beginner and I finished last in sport.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Most definitely!

Kathy and I met eight years ago at the Fairfax Turkey Trot and Apetite Actuator. (Annual Marin County Thanksgiving epic.)

Been hot, heavy and sweaty ever since.

Own 8 bikes (including a Calfee carbon Tandem) and a Subie WRX Sporwtagon between us.

Sweet love! Nothing like sharing it with a tight bunned and supportive biker babe!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Met a girl (woman, I should say) while road riding, she liked the fact that I dropped back from the pack to pull her back up to the group and stayed with her to keep her in the pack. We had chemistry but never hooked up. I was in grad school and she sold treasury bonds during the day and was a bartender at night when not riding, so we each always had something going on. That which is not ment to be will not be.

I've seen qiute a few females riding road and off-road around here. I don't see many on the road since I don't do that scene anymore. See some every now and then off-road, but the local singletrack is so big (about 40+ miles, I think) you rarely see anybody on it. I think most women ride with other women around here. Can't blame them, with us guys its a hammer fest most times, HARRR HARRR HARRR Testosterone City. Women are out there, sold quite a few bikes to them at the bike shop.

For me, I normally find a GF when I'm not looking or not wanting one. So I'm gonna just qiut looking, enjoy life, and ride. I've discovered that if a woman likes me, she will let me know in some way. Unfortunately, I'm normally too darn stupid to figure it out until its too late. And most women don't understand our Tim Taylor Tool Time grunting language.

·
bonkin' clyde
831 Posts
Most women are with someone else

To be honest, I don't go riding with the intention of finding a future bike babe but the ones I have seen which is about 1-3 on any given ride, are almost always with someone else (usually a guy who looks [email protected] proud of having her as his).

One exception. This one girl...errr...woman? (she was probly 25, married to a dude serivng in Iraq) and she whippied our butts on EVERY section of the trail, apparently she races amateur, and wins to....and then when she got back, she was like, 'wow you stayed up with us the whole way, even though its your first time, GOOD JOB'...thanks ma'am..

lol, it was my first trail ride...on my NRS too. needless to say, I was goggle-eyed when this lady pulled up with bike stickers all over her LR discovery with this racer X in back.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.