Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or are they still just catering to the 5 foot's? ;)

Last year when I was in the marked for a bike Intense "warned" me away from there bikes saying I was to big for them (6'5" 230-240 lbs).

I ended up witha Turner 5-Spot Sasquatch (sp?) witch is deffinatly a nice bike but I really like the feel of that VPP suspension. Any body out there of a similar size riding an Intense?

·
Recovering
1,483 Posts
They released the 29er Spider in a XL size suitable for riders up to 6-6. I'm hoping they do the same for the forthcoming 5.5 29er, given the market for 29ers among taller guys...

G

·
just an FYI...

Chumba Racing makes bikes for BIIIIIG dudes. i know a guy that is like 6'7" and he has a couple of Chumba bikes.

·
Recovering
1,483 Posts
mechmann_mtb said:
Chumba Racing makes bikes for BIIIIIG dudes. i know a guy that is like 6'7" and he has a couple of Chumba bikes.
They're not VPP though. Sounds like Jynx already has a FSR bike that fits him.

If you're 6-6, you owe it to yourself to try a 29er. It's such a different feeling riding wheels that are in scale with your size.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Here's another vote for XL sizes. I'd really like a 5.5 but I'd have to run a 130 stem to make it fit me. That's just way to long for that type of bike. I got a tracer with a 130, I originally ran a 120 but my upper back would get cramped up. But I got that originally as a heavy duty race bike for my clydesdale arse and the long stems didn't bug me much. Now I'm looking for a longer travel trail bike to replace it, but I'm having to look at a Ventana or Turner. Since a 5spot has been on my list, I was wondering why you want to replace it.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I just looked at their website and noticed that their largest road bike is a 60cm. Everyone makes at least a 62cm. Do they have something against tall people?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Whambat said:
Since a 5spot has been on my list, I was wondering why you want to replace it.
Not do to any problem with the 5-Spot it is a deffinat improvement over the Specialized Enduro that it replaced, the Sasquatch 5-Spot is the first bike that I've ever had that actually fits me correctly. But my buddy at work has a Nomad (way to small for me) and I just love the way rear feels when pedaling (not a big fan of the slack HA on it thou)

·
Registered
907 Posts
jynxfactor said:
Not do to any problem with the 5-Spot it is a deffinat improvement over the Specialized Enduro that it replaced, the Sasquatch 5-Spot is the first bike that I've ever had that actually fits me correctly. But my buddy at work has a Nomad (way to small for me) and I just love the way rear feels when pedaling (not a big fan of the slack HA on it thou)
Santa Cruz at least makes an XL, but no XXL like your Turner. The Blur LT is pretty similar to the 5.5, but the 5.5 seems way better built. At your size, the Santa Cruz XL (24.5" TT length) still might not be big enough.

You also might want to check out Ventana, they will do custom sizing and the new El Ciclon might be a racier feeling bike than the 5 spot when it comes to pedaling.

One last thing, check with Push if you have a fox rear shock, they might be able to dial it in to make your 5spot pedal better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts