Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally cracked it right before seat post clamp. They are disassembling my bike and sending it in. I think I will get a 2014 frame but we will see. Current bike has the original fox fork, xo 3x9, upgraded xtr brakes, new wheels. I'm thinking new drive train. Thoughts? Is 2x10 what these bikes are coming with?

I guess I'm trying to decide what to change out so it feels like a new bike.

·
Registered
106 Posts
2x10 is defenatly an upgrade over an 3x9 setup.

Changed from a 3x9 setup (Gary Fisher Sugar 29er Fully) to a 2x10 setup (superfly 100 SL elite) last year. The gearing made much more sense, the 10th gear on the cassette gives you a broader range on your front chainrings. I notices that I use the front derailleur much less frequent, for many rides I just stay on the front 38 chainring and just use the rear gears. Actually for most of my rides I could do with a 1x11 (or even 1x10 setup).
But two weeks ago I´ve spent a week in the austrian Alps. Over there I was happy to have the 22 (or is it 24) chainring on the front. At some of the longer climbs I was happy to have some extra gear ratios left.

So for me 2x10 is the way to go, it is just a bit more versatile than a pure 1x setup.

·
Registered
486 Posts
i have an entire 2x X0 system off my 2012 superfly pro ill sell you, comes with the chainrings and spider, X0 front derailuer direct mount, cable, and X0 trigger.
How much for the X0 2x10 setup? I really only need the rear cassette, rear shifter and rear derailleur. I'm interested if you have those items....

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.