Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Me hates pinchflat
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone wants to ride snt tomorrow?? (ritopc, rzozaya, *cough*warp*cough*, :D)
I am planning to arrive early. Climb to La Virgen, go down through Tres Caidas and then shuttle up to around 3:00pm. Anyone?

Oh and btw. Today, since tacubaya did not have his bike, we decided to go and repair "La Nueva". It turned out pretty good. We filled most of the ruts, made a berm and did a small roller of a boulder. We think we packed it pretty well (we spent around 25mins packing the berm), so we are hoping it will last. The good thing of this is that most dhers think its all thrashed up, so there will be little traffic for a while.
I know I said that I would go on monday, but it was a last minute desicion....sorry. Maybe we could go on monday as well :confused:

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
545cu4ch said:
Anyone wants to ride snt tomorrow?? (ritopc, rzozaya, *cough*warp*cough*, :D)
I am planning to arrive early. Climb to La Virgen, go down through Tres Caidas and then shuttle up to around 3:00pm. Anyone?

Oh and btw. Today, since tacubaya did not have his bike, we decided to go and repair "La Nueva". It turned out pretty good. We filled most of the ruts, made a berm and did a small roller of a boulder. We think we packed it pretty well (we spent around 25mins packing the berm), so we are hoping it will last. The good thing of this is that most dhers think its all thrashed up, so there will be little traffic for a while.
I know I said that I would go on monday, but it was a last minute desicion....sorry. Maybe we could go on monday as well :confused:
I'd love too, but I have the family thing going this sunday.

Bummer... I wanted to ride SNT. I really love that "long route".

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I am going. Getting there earlier as well; I want to do the long loop though. In any case, i'll see you around noon to do some shuttles and try out your work on la nueva.

cya tomorrow

I'll be there around 8.30.

·
Me hates pinchflat
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sh1t..... I just noticed that it rained all night. I hope that what we did is still there... :skep:

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
545cu4ch said:
Sh1t..... I just noticed that it rained all night. I hope that what we did is still there... :skep:
yup, it was there and it was a nice job:thumbsup:

As for the overall conditions... muddy and wet... not the best combination. I can stand the mud -actually is funny- but riding in the rain wasn't that fun. Iwas freezing my a$$ off; i need a good pair of water-proof pants.

Anyways, let's hope tomorrow the weather gets better..

·
Me hates pinchflat
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ritopc said:
yup, it was there and it was a nice job:thumbsup:

As for the overall conditions... muddy and wet... not the best combination. I can stand the mud -actually is funny- but riding in the rain wasn't that fun. Iwas freezing my a$$ off; i need a good pair of water-proof pants.

Anyways, let's hope tomorrow the weather gets better..
Yeah... it was fun getting all muddy. Getting wet sucked...
Ill tell you later what I will be doing tomorrow. Im not sure yet

·
Me hates pinchflat
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So whats up with tomorrow?? Warp, Rito, are you coming???
The 4x is in its prime state right now, and the climate is perfect (it was not remotely cold today)....

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
tacubaya said:
Come on Warp and Rito!!!

Hey any of you have by chance a spare MissingLink or Sram Powerlink?
Err... I'm not going to Ajusco... sorry but I got an invitation to ride El Chico!

You know that's an opp you can't let go!

Sorry folks. But I have already agreed a ride at Ajusco next week with Rito. See you then!

On the Powerlink, I may have one next week as I'm retiring my chain. If I get another SRAM one, then it's yours.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
tacubaya said:
Come on Warp and Rito!!!

Hey any of you have by chance a spare MissingLink or Sram Powerlink?
ha, didn't check the forum yesterday. Do you still need the *links. I have spare ones if you still in need.

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
rzozaya1969 said:
And... when are you going to post a review of El Chico!
When I get the pics from Gambox...

But what am I going to review??

I don't want to bore you with the details of how wonderful and cool that place is... All in all, good riding.:yawn:

We did the Mirador, but from there we didn't know the way and the descent was pretty short, but through that beautiful singletrack. Damn... that's a sweet place!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts