Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
breathing helium
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, a coworker of mine just got a new set of snowshoes and wanted to try them out. I had a pair from last year's X-mas that I hadn't used, so we decided to head up to Hurricane Ridge (right out of Port Angeles, WA in the Olympic National Park) to give it a go.

We have been getting TONS of snow and windstorms lately which makes for pretty poor biking conditions but great snow sports conditions. Anyway, nothing particularly earth shattering here, but the views were quite spectacular. It was a glorious day all around.

Attachments

·
SpoK Werks Handmade Goods
1,206 Posts
Absolutely beautiful!

We're actually getting the 2nd snow of the year today and I live 45 minutes from the Alps. Last winter we had at least a 1' of snow from Oct. 1 through the middle of March. Not to mention that it was about 20 degrees F, or less, for most of that time. It's insane how warm it's been this side of the pond this year. I've had shorts on a few times this winter.

Needless to say, I'm jealous... would love to be riding, snowboarding, XC skiing or something outside. Nope.... just the boring old rollers.

Thanks for the great pics.

·
breathing helium
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
edemtbs said:
29" snowshoes right? ;)

Ed E
How'd you guess! ;)

Actually they say "27" on the toe which I'm assuming is a measure of size in inches.

Well, it least they're bigger than the a 26"er! HA!!!!! (Sorry, had to get my jab in.)

Yes, we have had our share of the wintery weather this season. While it is really nice, we've also had several bouts of high winds and the wettest November in WA State history. It rained 32" in Seattle in Novermber alone. I'm sure we'll set some more records for the year too. Simply Incredible.

·
contains quinine
4,639 Posts
cocheese said:
My wife and I came here on our honeymoon before we moved here of course. What a lovely place to live. Sure, it rains here...but not that much.
My wife is from Olympia. We were just there over xmas. The southern part of the park (Staircase) is beautiful and close enough for an easy day hike.

It rained pretty much every minute of that trip.

·
breathing helium
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nice Timo! Great pics.

Agreed. I'd rather be biking than snowhoeing anyday. I tried riding one of my local ride-to trails on Sunday but it was literally unrideable due to the amount of debris in the trail. I almost did not recognize one section because it looks like a creek bed!

I'm going to have to wait for the trail crew to come through when things thaw out. I'll try a good fireroad ride this Sunday and see how high I can get before the white stuff gets too thick.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.