Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the short notice, but tonight a few snowshoers will be on Mustang, Byked, and a few others @ the 909. Hypothetically, if we get the right conditions our tracks might enable studded riding. Meeting at the Tyrell lot 6:00. The more (with working gear) the merrier, and if youre lightless our helmet lights will be plenty.

Fact: The 909 has trails that are usually the first and last to be rideable in the area. The Getaway trail in the gut (with bridge) is more sheltered, and Fongs Way has nearly full sun.

·
Loose Nut Behind d' Wheel
1,500 Posts
pedaler845 said:
Look closely and you'll see 1 of at least 6 salamanders that were under the ice in the swampy area the goobers are always fvking up btwn Byked and Camp trails.
Salamanders under glass?

How was the riding?

Kathy :^)

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
(Hey Harry)
I aim to keep up on some nearby trail conditions, and thinking about doing pics and a how to for DIY studs. Tomorrow I'm doing a new tire: an old (but new) Ritchey "climb-axe 2.1" with 3/8 #6 sheet metal screws in the middle and 7/16 on the sides. FYI, that kind of set up will leave factory made tires behind on ice for 1/4 the price. I think the factory made are more for commuting.... And, we're riding early AM Sunday @ 909. Anyone interested?

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, its good to know just a short drive is usually all it takes to pass the snow line and ride some great trails. I have been off road riding, and would post pics but I have to somehow shrink the filesize first. These cropped photos are all I've been able to manage. There's GREAT ice for riding now, a few swamps nearby are at 3 inches, with many miles of trail!

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.