Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there Any huge jumps or other specific obstacles that i should train for on the snowshoe 2009 dh course, based on the previous years what kind of course can i expect. Lastly does anyone have a race schedual for 2009.

·
I bike long tyme.
1,107 Posts
The trail crew continually changes the race courses. Bit and pieces of certain trails are always used but they always throw something new into the mix for race day.

·
Hard as nails
1,008 Posts
The one feature that seems constant is some sort of huge trail gap that is pretty respectable - other than that nothing to huge... imo;) But as Secace stated they switch it up each year to keep you on your toes.

Good luck

·
-> SickLines.com <-
3,196 Posts
There are 4 snowshoe races this year and you can see them all on the snowshoe website. The first is in June 19th wknd

I have also put them and many more races in one calendar
http://www.sicklines.com/calendar

The jumps as far as I recall all had go arounds (or weren't accessable to the lower classes) so if you're not comfortable jumping you can take the go-around.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
In past courses there have been 2 good sized road gaps but only open to pro's, I believe both were around 30ft gap and 10ish ft high. Last year they had another drop that the amateur class could hit too, it was probably 8-9ft high and like a 15-20ft gap but super smooth.

Expect rapid changes in weather ie swampy practices to dry race runs or visa versa. Just always bring dry and wet tires with you lol. Most the courses are pretty rooty and rocky. There are average sized jumps and rock drops throughout course(nothing big though). You better be in good shape, they have long courses. I believe pro times are around 4.5-5 min. So depending on how fast you are your looking at a 5-6 min rough course.

2009 Downhill Race Weekends:

Race 1: June 19 - 21
Race 2: July 24 - 26
Race 3: August 28 - 30
Race 4: October 2 - 4

Here are some trail shots from last years race courses. I just took them off snowshoe site.

The drop amateurs can do.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
fun place but the race course is long.....do a lot of 5-7 minute burst training

you can always ride around stunts especially in the beginner and sport classes

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
That pic of the drop with the Dakine logos on it does not do it justice. It's probably 8-9 ft' high 20-25 feet out but the tricky part is the right hand turn that brings you across the face of the slope. It's a fairly flat turn that you have little time to slow up for after landing the drop.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
combatkimura said:
That pic of the drop with the Dakine logos on it does not do it justice. It's probably 8-9 ft' high 20-25 feet out but the tricky part is the right hand turn that brings you across the face of the slope. It's a fairly flat turn that you have little time to slow up for after landing the drop.
Yeah, it is a good sized drop. You can hit that turn with a decent amount of speed and not wash out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.