Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Xtremely Moderate
3,098 Posts
Holy Moly!

The pain from the last time I was there has finally gone away........guess its time for some more.

·
Xtremely Moderate
3,098 Posts
TP:

You going on Mem day? I think me and my clan are gonna head up there?

Shiver:

When are you coming down gawddamnit? What about Snowshoe on Mem Day weekend?
Fun fun fun.....

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
e[I said:
o]TP:

You going on Mem day? I think me and my clan are gonna head up there?

Shiver:

When are you coming down gawddamnit? What about Snowshoe on Mem Day weekend?
Fun fun fun.....
what day is mem??? this week(starting monday) I am home ....next week Bozeman. ....following Falls City and Eugene...Hey PDirt...then home for a week or two and then i am there

·
Registered
7 Posts
Supposively they will have both the Ballhooter & Western Express running, so no need to ride a shuttle to hit the new trails on the western side.
Now should I go to US Open or Snowshoe... tough decision

·
SNOWRIDER
1,564 Posts
That looks cool, I'd like to make the trip :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
DHjstko said:
Supposively they will have both the Ballhooter & Western Express running, so no need to ride a shuttle to hit the new trails on the western side.
Now should I go to US Open or Snowshoe... tough decision
That should be an easy decision to make. US Open is the biggest race on the east coast and diablo has better trails. The jumpline at diablo is really sick, i doubt snowshoes jumpline will compare.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was told that both lifts would be running for opening weekend. Shuttles after that. They are going to try to run them every half hour too. I gave them sh!t for needing newer shuttles or running the lift full time. If it proves proftitable to run them they will. Don't complain to the staff (you'll be preaching to the choir), instead ask them who you can write to at Intrawest to generate support. Powerline is really huge and my pics don't do it justice. I've never been to Diablo so I can't compare. It's not just Powerline as they've made several more DH trails on the western side like "Hareball" that are very sick. There is lot's of tape in the woods for more trails to be built. They could use more help building them and are willing to compensate for your time.

I'm not asking anyone to choose between the two and it's not a battle for who is best. Snowshoe is trying very hard to be the best at what they have and are very receptive to mountain bikers. I think that having both Diablo and Snowshoe on the east coast makes us very lucky. Give them both support. The staff at Snowshoe is all about growing the sport and believe the more the merrier.

Mike

·
Xtremely Moderate
3,098 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
what day is mem??? this week(starting monday) I am home ....next week Bozeman. ....following Falls City and Eugene...Hey PDirt...then home for a week or two and then i am there
3 weeks from today.

·
Xtremely Moderate
3,098 Posts
Maybe I'm mistaken, but isn't there camping on the mountain?
Silver Creek or something like that?

Trying to go on the cheap........

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.