Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Yessir. I'm psyched to check out the new additions to the course. Anyone got details? I heard it was starting higher and finishing lower than last year (woohoo!), with possible Hell's Kitchen renovation? Full Trucker?

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
shabadu said:
Yessir. I'm psyched to check out the new additions to the course. Anyone got details? I heard it was starting higher and finishing lower than last year (woohoo!), with possible Hell's Kitchen renovation? Full Trucker?
Yes, the word is that it is starting higher, finishing lower, trail renovation (Hell's Kitchen / Waterfall), and dirt brought in for airtime (jumps) on the DH course. Maintenance going on with the 4X course as well!

More info here: http://www.racemsc.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=448

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
jrok said:
Looking forward to it! Hey Grant are you still stunned how fast Graves was last night? That rocked!
I guess I'm not really so much stunned. I did expect him to be blazingly fast and smooth and that's what I saw. It was really cool to talk, hang and ride with him and Justin Leov last night, tho. It will be cool to see Gravy Stains rip it up at Snowmass this weekend. There should be some good bigger name pros there! Fugghetabout the National Championships in Sonoma, CA this weekend, Snowmass and the Mountain States Cup is where it's at!

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
FrontRanger said:
So what's the 4X course like? I generally suck and struggle to keep my tires beneath me. Is this a beginner friendly course or more like Angel Fire?
The course should be mostly like last year with improved drainage and, I believe, some of the more dangerous obstacles (read the triples) have been made easier? Either way, this is definitely more of a beginner-friendly course. Definitely not as steep and everything should be easily rollable. Jason - if you are thinking about it, I would say you should definitely give it a try! It's such a blast!

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
.thumper. said:
The course should be mostly like last year with improved drainage and, I believe, some of the more dangerous obstacles (read the triples) have been made easier? Either way, this is definitely more of a beginner-friendly course. Definitely not as steep and everything should be easily rollable. Jason - if you are thinking about it, I would say you should definitely give it a try! It's such a blast!
Cool. Thanks for the info and I think I am gonna head down. I will be the guy on a black chameleon on Saturday and a full body cast on Sunday.

·
Non Dual Bliss
6,240 Posts
We're going. DW will be racing. I'll just be hanging out and doing some rides. Any good recommendations?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Is anybody heading up Thurs night or friday am from Denver-ish and might have an extra spot for me, my bike and stuff?

I'll be camping, so if yer headed up there, that would be a bonus.

I might be even be able to find a lift home.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
shabadu said:
Is anybody heading up Thurs night or friday am from Denver-ish and might have an extra spot for me, my bike and stuff?

I'll be camping, so if yer headed up there, that would be a bonus.

I might be even be able to find a lift home.

Thanks.
Sorry bro - my ride is full.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.