Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of doing the Snowmass DH. I am new to the area and DH so I am looking for some info. How is the camping? Do the spots run out fast? Are there better sleeping options?
I will be driving from Laramie if anyone needs a ride.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea. Saw that forum but for some reason I can not register. If any one knows who that is, tell them to contact me on here.

I saw the part about a limit of 100 camping spots that is why I asked if there were other options. Do those 100 camping passes go fast? i.e friday morning?
Anyone else been to this race that can offer some insight?
What size is the turn-out for this DH race? Is the course fast, rocky, wet, dry, hard-packed, soft, jumpy, flowy etc.
Thanks.

·
Stand back
4,213 Posts
What the course is like depends on which one they run - they built a new one last year for the Nationals in August, which was completely different from the classic Snowmass course. The classic course is fast w/ big (huge?) braking bumps, off camber corners and some techy (rocky and tight) corners in the trees. It's also short, and wet or dry depends on the weather.
I haven't ridden the new course, but I think it's longer.

·
Awesomist™
2,951 Posts
chickenchewey said:
Yea. Saw that forum but for some reason I can not register. If any one knows who that is, tell them to contact me on here.
Hey there, I help moderate the RaceMSC.com forums, so shoot me a PM and tell me why you can't register, or what the trouble is. I just logged out over there and went through the registration process as a test and it seems to be working fine for me, but if you let me know what the issue is maybe I can help.

·
Registered
168 Posts
chickenchewey said:
Thinking of doing the Snowmass DH. I am new to the area and DH so I am looking for some info. How is the camping? Do the spots run out fast? Are there better sleeping options?
I will be driving from Laramie if anyone needs a ride.
I'm guessing you're scott. I'll probably be looking to carpool with you. I'll call you tonight or tomorrow morning. I'm definitely down to split gas. What kind of room do you have in your vehicle?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.